How do I find overseas customers for toner cartridges?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by shuzhi1234, Apr 21, 2010.

1. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is michael from maindland china, we sell toner cartridges. Our product is very good quality with low price. How could i find customers overseas.
    Sincerely yours,
    Michael Xu

#1 shuzhi1234, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Michael, welcome to Business Advice Forum, thanks for asking your business questions.

Do you have a website where you sell your products?

Have you considered selling on eBay or on Amazon?

Do you plan on selling directly to consumers or through agents / distributors?

If you can please give us just a little more info, we can advise you and point you in the right direction.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finding international buyers for your ink toners might be really hard since you are having lots of competitors locally. It's easy to find ink toners in a local store or mall nearby without the hassle of waiting for shipment to arrive, and the horrible customs duties.

You might want to try using eBay or Amazon and see if there's someone who is willing to buy one online.

According to his post, this seems to be his website: http://en.alibaba.com/

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice to meet you, michael. :) Before you start searching for international customers online, look closely at the shipping costs and custom fees to export goods from China to countries worldwide. Compare that to what it would take to grow and develop your business in your own country. It may not be worth the money, time and paperwork to look outwith China itself for business relationships. Consider also how you would handle product or shipping problems if they arose in another country too.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I know, the seller have no jurisdiction if the shipment got problems if it already reached the destination country, unless you paid for its insurance of course.

6. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

anyone could help me out

we are currently using www dot alibaba dot com as promoting this product. lots of competitors on alibaba too .

I try to email the wholesellers on ebay and amazone, hardly anyone replied,

7. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes ,we do. Our website is kwdigital dot en dot alibaba dot com

Maybe we should try on ebay or amazon

We plan to sell it both ways, consumers or distributors.

We are a leading manufactory on produce toner cartridge in mainland china. Our product is pretty good quality ,as our toner cartridge is used by china provincal goverment (jiang su province). Our factory is located in hangzhou in Zhejiang province mailnad china , about 3 hours to shanghai.

we are more like focusing on the distributors, dealing with big quantity of toner cartridges or ink cartridges.

We will take care if any damage to this toner cartridge during transportation. We really care about our product quality ,we want to build a very good reputation in oversea market.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your replies and updates shuzhi1234. It sounds like you need a little planning and target marketing. Rather than a broad approach of trying to increase international sales, you need to be a little more specific. For example, you could decide to target one country at a time and even start with one market within that country, i.e. consumers or wholesalers.

By way of example you could decide to target resellers of your product line in Ireland, here's a list of stationery wholesalers in Ireland. You could begin by contacting each of them by telephone and asking if they would be interested in stocking your product. If they're not interested, ask them if they know anyone that might be. A quick search on Google will find lists of resellers in other countries.

Before contacting potential customers, be clear as to how your business can benefit them. When business buyers source products from China their main concerns are something like this;

• Quality - you need to reassure your customers that your product is of high and consistent quality
    • Price - European and US buyers expect cost savings, when purchasing from China
    • Logistics - international buyers will want the confidence that deliveries will arrive on time and that they can get the product they need, when they need it.

Have a clear message that addresses these concerns and gives potential customers the confidence to place an order with you.

Good luck with it and please do post back with your thoughts and feedback.

9. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality = Excellent Price = low Logistics= good

thanx for your advice.
    I called lots of UK companies today. Having lots of fun for understanding British accent, cuz i speaks NA english

I prefer doing bussiness face to face rather than thorough phone or email

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with that shuzhi1234, how are the calls going for you?

11. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've send out some price list to the emails i get through phone calls,but seems like lots of emails says " delievery failture". I'm pretty sure it's the right email i send. Having no idea, is it because of the firewall ?

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You might want to double check those emails with the companies concerned. A quick call to their reception is all you'd need, to double check them. You might even be able to check the email addresses by visiting the contact pages on their websites.

Perhaps that accounts for some of the email addresses being wrong.

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be sure to have the correct spelling for the email addresses. This might be the reason why you always got delivery failure.
    You can double check it by contacting the owner or customer support, or go to their site and try to look for their emails there.

14. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dun fink there is anything wrong with the email, seems like it's just blocked by some kind of firewall

You can not open lots of site ,such as www.facebook.com
    www.youtube.com

stupid china goverment set a firewall to block them all

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my knowledge, emails can't be blocked by firewalls unless they are computer generated messages or SPAM.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't access certain sites like Youtube or Facebook because your government blocks your access on it through your ISPs or Internet Service Providers. And in my opinion, it won't affect you in sending emails.

16. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really have no idea about why it is always show delivery failture.

I called lots of office supply distributors in Singapore today, Got a feed back .

17. orientantique

orientantique
    uix_expand uix_collapse

find overseas buyers

You can take part in business show or rank your site on google.

18. shuzhi1234

shuzhi1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:eek: Rank site on google .i dun know what you mean

19. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally people will build up a company website, include all the product and provide product requisition form for the customer who are interest in your product to ask for details. Of course, if you are aiming for international market, your website should be in English.

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ranking your site on Google refers to first of all having your site indexed in the Google search engine and then improving your search engine listings (known as ranking) through SEO and building links to your site.