How do I advertise my website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by susanbekar, Jul 14, 2010.

1. susanbekar

susanbekar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am fairly new to the online world of websites. I created a site some months back and I am unable to attract traffic. I tried to incorporate as many SEO strategies as I could. However, I still couldn’t attract the desired traffic. I think I should revamp my site. I should perhaps check out my competitors’ website. I also intend to hire a professional website designer to help me redo my site. Submitting my site to directories and acquiring backlinks also makes sense to me. Someone even recommended press release and forum writing to me. Sounds good, right?

#1 susanbekar, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. soniya sharma

soniya sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

you should go for all the activities related to SEO that is search engine optimization which include both off page as well as on page activities and most importantly the off page activities that include directory submission,forum posting,blogs and stuffs that would let your link to be distributed to the sites having high page ranks for increasing your PR.

I guess this may be helpful and if possible appoint a staff for for doing SEO.

3. yourmapmaker

yourmapmaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

It might be worth posting the url and getting some feedback on it. Also depends on what the site is about and if it can be found in google. If you are getting no traffic I'd question your SEO work etc. Yet by you post and your terminology you seem to use the correct technical phrases.

Without knowing what type of site it is its hard to know why.

Regards

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Susan as yourmapmaker said, if you can please post a link to your site we can give you some specific suggestions.

You can also view some very relevant threads, with helpful info in our Featured Threads.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There are several helpful threads in the forum, check out the featured threads as Fergal suggested. I would hold off on revamping the site unless it can be determined that the present design is the problem. You may be able to simply edit the existing content,, incorporating your keywords, and edit your meta-tags the same way.
    Not being able to attract the desired traffic may mean you are not going after the right keywords. You need to make sure that the keywords you are using are attracting people who are interested in your product or service. For instance, people sometimes ask why we are not ranked for "SEO". Actually, we were. We found out that we were attracting researchers, and college students working on term papers, instead of buyers - so we're not pursuing "SEO" anymore.
    Be careful where you acquire backlinks from. Some companies sell links in bulk for very low prices, but the links are useless, and using bulk links, also called "link spamming", is a black-hat technique that can get your site banned. Press releases are a good idea, if you have something newsworthy to write about. Forums or blogs are also a good idea. In both cases, you can incorporate your keyword phrases as backlinks to your site. The key to using backlinks is to have a diversified link strategy, instead of simply throwing out a bunch of links to your site.
    If you wish, you can PM me with your URL, and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

6. vinmann

vinmann
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Constantly build back links using all the avenues..SEO will take some time to deliver results.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you should try youtube advertising or simply just a good video with your watermark.
    about 22% of my traffic comes from youtube. :D

8. Johnkitty

Johnkitty
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there are some reasons why you didn't get much traffic for your site. Maybe it is about your targeted keywords. Then you don't have good content. More, you don't a fan for your site. And don't do the right process of SEO.

9. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i will suggest you to work in on-page before you start working on off-page optimization. because off-page optimization is for not use if your on-page doesnt reflect good results.

10. Rickey

Rickey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its right but i think u wait six months and after start SEO on your website because if u start early doing SEO on your website then google ban your website {because of spammers} so plz don't do this before six months.

#10 Rickey, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I haven't heard this before. What was your source for this? Has anyone else heard of this, and what is the rationale behind it?

12. Rickey

Rickey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the reason behind this is the unethical use of websites by spammers. usually spammers use these websites for spamming purpose and deactivate after that....

13. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well i think blog posting,helping out people in forums,squidoo lens, social book marking. these are some of the means to attract traffic to your website.

14. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This doesn't make any sense. If you start a niche website or a company website
    your main goal is to be listed on search engines' top positions. Why should you
    wait (and waste) six months?

I would say the opposite: start doing SEO on your website immediately so that
    you get results within six months.

IMHO, this has very little to do with SEO. Search engines, Google in particular,
    have their own methods of dealing with spammers, black hat, etc.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google looks suspiciously on sites who get a huge amount of links very quickly, when it appears that the site would not normally acquire that amount of links in that space of time. They take it as a signal that the site is buying links, which is something they don't approve of. However, you can and should start your SEO right away, just don't use blackhat or spammy methods.

16. ebbenezer66

ebbenezer66
    uix_expand uix_collapse

appoint a staff for for doing SEO.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm. Why is it bad that you do SEO immediately on your site?
    Besides, if you want to make a site, you want it to have regular visitors via search engines like Google.
    That's what SEO for. SEO is not really meant for spamming unless you intended to, and that's Blackhat.

This is one of my mistake when I started my blog. I haven't got any SEO so there's only one to two visits from search engines and my site mostly rely on visits from partner sites. Then, I learned about SEO and that was, maybe 3-4 months after I opened up my blog. And it worked like magic.

Anyways, I think you are just a little confused. From what I see, you got that 6 months from Adsense since they want your site to be 6 months old before applying to them. But to tell you the truth, I got my account when my blog is just a couple of weeks old. ;)

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

So would I. Why wait because someone promoting their own methods wants you to, especially when you can move your site up the rankings in six months using the techniques the search engines want you to? Thanks also to GekiDan and Fergal for clearing up the confusion.

19. ArifG

ArifG
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is a fairly delicate process that will take time to fine tune for the desired results. In the meantime you should start with email marketing campaign and post the web address wherever you can.

20. Anelly

Anelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget about blog comments and forum posting. Also try to write guest posts on other blogs (they provide back links to site).