How did new website get ranked on the 1st page of a search engine without backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kpkarthik, Jun 13, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I checked a competitor's website details. I think that this is a new website. It does not have backlinks, but it is now getting ranked on the 1st page of the search engine. How did a new website get ranked on the 1st page of a search engine without backlinks?

#1 kpkarthik, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  2. greatar4

greatar4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, because you don't see any backlinks does not mean the site does not have backlinks. Based on what you say it seems like you are not that sure if the site has been around for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jordan Williams

Jordan Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May be it Because Website has Unique Content, Domain or meta information.

4. Mark Bates LS

Mark Bates LS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the search if you don't mind me asking?

5. Crystal Tadzik

Crystal Tadzik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Building search engine ranking can be a slow process, some sites take 6 to 12 months to reach useful traffic levels. Ideally you would add fresh original content a couple of times a week to keep the search engines coming back to re-index the site.

#5 Crystal Tadzik, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  6. bsteinberger01

bsteinberger01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It also completely depends on how competitive the search term is. There are many search terms that have low competition and therefore a site only needs to have finely tuned on-page optimizations to be able to rank well. Backlinks play a larger role in more competitive queries.

7. Gaiacom_LC

Gaiacom_LC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's possible that the site was renamed, re-launched, or had its rank boosted by a parent site.

8. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Domain redirection to that site?
    The "site:" operator misleads you: Google does not share all the links (if any) it has for a certain site...

9. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website has high quality and engaging content and the keywords which you are targeting is less competitive, then there is a possibility to rank on the first page of SERPs without any back links.

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if its linked by a high pr and authority site, I think it will rank high even if its just a new site. I've seen sites like this especially if its targeted to specific audience, a domain with keywords and optimized articles.

11. carlbaker

carlbaker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many possibilities to get ranked in Google's SERPs without backlinks. You can get ranked if your website has quality informative content or website is properly optimized as user friendly.

#11 carlbaker, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  12. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not possible to get on top ranking of Google without any back links. I consider that if On-page SEO done very well, then it also helps a lot to get ranking for websites but still without backlinks it's not possible at all. Backlinks are backbone for any website and it plays very important role for websites to get good position in SERP.

13. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that website back-links may be hidden or redirected by the user. So you may not be able to find the back-link of that website. According to me now these day any of website without back-links may not be able to get high PR or keyword rank.

14. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can you give details of keyword and site that is ranking. Do you know even web master tool isn't always accurate?

15. samuel0785

samuel0785
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometime it happens because the website has fresh content and when the search engine crawler crawls it first time it gives priority to the website.But I have seen that after two or three days, the ranking decreases and rank on the place according to website's popularity and backlinks quality.