How can you become a "fast" shipper?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by AverageJoe, Feb 4, 2010.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't understand it when people give testimonials saying that they got their item(s) fast or earlier than expected and that the company they purchased from was "fast" or "quick". Doesn't it depend on the shipping speed that they paid for? Like Standard (USPS), UPS, FedEx. What makes people believe that you're a fast shipper?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Mailing the product the day you get the order would help, as would using a reputable shipping company. Try to manage your customers' expectations. For example, if you believe delivery will take 4 to 5 days, ask your customers to allow a week. When your product arrives quicker than the customer expected, they will describe you as a fast shipper.

3. gumrosin

gumrosin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be efficient as possible as you can.

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The delivery period may take a week but if they ship you within 5 or less days than that's called fast shipping. Such type of shipping is effective only through strong business and finance.

Have you planned starting any business with shipping service? I believe you need to very quick with shipping deals and deal them with time.

5. noel877

noel877
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've given a "fast shipper" testimonials before. I ordered from newegg and diapers.com and received the products the next day. Might have something to do with how close their warehouse is to my address. Who knows. But the point is... I consider one day "regular" UPS shipping very fast. I certainly was pleasantly surprised.