How can I Use Pinterest for Restaurants

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by FoodStart, Sep 27, 2013.

1. FoodStart

FoodStart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,
    As you know in my previous thread "http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php/51231-Tips-for-an-Effective-Restaurant-Web-Site" I have made a website on restaurant it was made so i was thinking that should pintrest will be usefull for me in traffic purpose and if yes then how should I start it

2. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For that you can create a Board at Pinterest and add many pin like your restaurant or your food' image pin at Pinterest. Than you pin other followers Dashboard and you invite other follower to pin image at your board.
    From that you can get maximum visitor for your site.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JAkz

JAkz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you create the boards and start pinning you should try to focus on keywords: restaurant, food, pasta, pizza, french restaurant, etc. Try to look for keywords that are in line with your product and # them in the description of the photo. Once you've added the photo go to your boards and edit the pin you want to #.

4. larrypage

larrypage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Following steps are helpful for you.

1) Show Off Your Food
    2) Use Repinnable Words
    3) Share Your Recipes

5. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

And don't forget to make really attractive photos in order to attract the followers. Maybe you should think about the invention of you own unique style.

6. ndirect

ndirect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would absolutely encourage using pinterest for your restaurant!

Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media platforms out there! Be use to create rich keyword content, hashtags and take some really nice photos of the food and the restaurant itself ( i.e. setting up a romantic meal theme and getting that on pinterest could possible be some good link bait).

7. HomeBiz Success

HomeBiz Success
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well said larry. Make several boards on your Pinterest page. Some could be pictures of the menu in various categories. another board would have photos of Lunch and Dinner entrees, Another board could be for coupons. Take pictures of the restaurant itself daily at high peaks of service. Write a blurb about the guests, meals and conversation. Another board could be about happenings in the area. Make the reader feel like they are right there. Announce the dish of the day.

8. FoodStart

FoodStart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

should I Promote my Pinterest page with table-top tent cards or a bit of text for the link added to the menu. It will encourage customers to look at previous things we’ve done while they wait for their orders??????

9. ndirect

ndirect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The table top tent cards sounds like a good idea, but maybe you could include an image on the cards too with a nice image from pinterest as an example of whats on the page!

10. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are a few things I think you should consider:

For SEO:

Verify your website with Pinterest

Add a description that contains your most important 2-3 keywords

Use hash-tags (#) and keywords in your pin description.

If you upload a picture from your computer, go to edit, after that, and add a link to your website in the Source field.

For getting more followers and engagement:

Link your Pinterest account to your Twitter and Facebook accounts. You will have the option to Find friends from those 2 platforms that have a Pinterest account, too. Follow them and many will follow you back.

HomeBiz Success had a good idea with creating a board about "happenings in the area". However, you can do more than that, here: you can invite your followers to pin to this board themselves. The thing is that the option for receiving an email when someone adds a new pin to the board is set to ON, by default and not too many bother to change it to OFF. This means that, whenever you have an event coming and add a pin to that board, your followers will receive an email from Pinterest, announcing that.

Add a pin button to the picture on your website and add the social media sharing buttons on your blog posts.

The images that are more high than wide have an increased engagement rate (more likes and re-pins).

If you use a dollar ($) or GBP (£) symbol with the price in your description, this will display your pin in the Gifts section, as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FoodStart

FoodStart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys for your great supports

12. uthra

uthra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create more pins and boards in your Pinterest account.Update all good things of your special recipes,environment of your restaurant and mention your special offer of your restaurant.