How can I use facebook or twitter to promote my whiskey stones business?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by bistone, Aug 26, 2010.

1. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

oh,really thank you for all of you.
    I have one question now.how can I use facebook or twitter to promote my whiskey stones?do you have any ideas for that?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing you could do bistone is set up a FaceBook fan page for your whiskey stones business. Then invite all your FaceBook friends to the page and promote a link to the Fan Page on your own website and anywhere you can. Post regular business and content updates to the page, to remind the people who "like" it of your business and to notify them of any announcements or special offers you have.

Take a similar approach with Twitter, create an account and then use Twitter Search to find people who are talking about whiskey or other topics relevant to your business, follow these people and many of them will follow you back. Post links to useful content that would be of interest to your followers, engage them in conversation, re-tweet their tweets when appropriate and post updates and links to your own site.

Do you know that one of the co-founders of Twitter was Biz Stone - maybe this is a sign that you could be pretty successful there ;)

3. bistone

bistone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you told me very detailed steps of promotion on facebook and twitter.I think I need to find right ppl to make friends first.the more the better.thank you for telling me about that!if there's any problem,I will come back and ask you about it.

4. chloe_wong

chloe_wong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

unfortunately, facebook and twitter are blocked in China, we cannot do that.

5. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Jo,

You're probably already aware of it, but on the off chance you hadn't come across it I said I'd mention it. Hopefully this is already built into your training material to some extent, if not, it's something I'd strongly suggest you do include (although there are still many questions around it so it's a bit of an open ended issue).

From Facebook
    Facebook say (but again, details have been severely lacking) that they will continue to support all previously created FBML content (including the thousands of static FBML business pages which have been created), but who knows how that one will actually play out in the long term. In the short term, I'd strongly suggest any business looking at producing new material to move towards IFrames and away from FBML wherever and whenever possible.

I certainly wouldn't suggest running off and having all existing FBML tabs/pages redone, but I also wouldn't expend too much time or energy on developing new content on what will be (or at least 'planned to be') a redundant base in the near future.

6. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Paul.

Thanks very much for the heads up. I know that there has been talk about IFrames coming but I wasn't sure when. I am looking at getting some software developed using IFrames so as to be ahead of the game, but am still using FBML at the moment, so maybe I should make it more of a priority!

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

Regards

Jo

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is this iFrames thing of Facebook Fan Pages?
    Does that mean that we can put our site on the iFrame so that fans could easily visit our page without going out of Facebook?

8. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apologies: I've just noticed that I've managed to completely derail the original topic. If anyone wishes to discuss the FBML vs. IFrame situation, I might suggest starting a new thread rather than further derailing the existing discussion. Apologies to the original poster.

Well worth keeping an eye on the Facebook Roadmap for updates on their planned changes and the expected timeline of same. As with all projected timelines, it can leave a lot to be desired at times.

I'd personally hold off a little on it until FB make it clear how they will be implementing IFrames for new page tabs.

Having said that, I'd also be sure to explain the upcoming changes in your training material so that the users are fully aware of the impacts this will have down the line.

Ehhh, kinda.

You can set up your existing site to appear in an IFrame, but would you really want to?

In the vast majority of cases, your FB page is there to drive users to your website, while also allowing another means of interacting with those users. Even if you could set up your existing site for use via FB, in most cases this would carry more negatives than positives.

The change as we're discussing it here is in relation to FB's decision to remove the ability to create new FBML apps which allow users to create new/custom page tabs. In the future, this will have to be done via IFrames. It's not yet clear 'how' this will be done (chances are FB will release a "Static FBML v2" to make the process fairly simple for IFrames, but again, this is just a guess), but it's clear that it will be the case.

9. stella123

stella123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

use SEO & SMM services, it is the one of the best tool for the promoting the business.
    "Nichesuite" is also proving the same services check out the website.

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't know about that! What a weird coincidence. Read the article btw. Really a helpful trivia Fergal! Thanks!