How can i reduce obesity?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by partho, Jan 8, 2013.

1. partho

partho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the various method to reduce of my obisty

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Eat less and exercise more.

What have you been doing so far?

3. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal that is good advice, but it is not as simple as that. We take in energy by eating food and use it up by working or exercise
    If we take in more energy than we use it turns to fat. Different foods and exercises affect people in different ways, so each person needs to find the right food to eat and the best exercise to do. Don't go on diets as these are counter productive, change of lifestyle is best.

#3 Barney, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  4. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What you have to do is eat more of the right foods, I know that sounds easy, one of the first thiings to do is avoid anything that contains transfats, like margarine, and false creams and toppings on deserts.

Eat more cereals and carbs.

More exercise is the obvious answer, you have to burn more calories than you take in, first off start walking, building up distance on a weekly basis, there are loads of programs on line that will guide you.

As with all exercise you should consult your GP first.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always eat food with lots of Fiber. Choose organic foods than processed foods. Limit yourself from eating on fast foods. Exercise more.

6. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

eat less junk food,try and eat food with less fat and try exercising

7. dlcnetwork

dlcnetwork
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly? Go see your docter. Obesity is a health problem, he can get you in to see a nutritionist and provide lots of helpful advice and avenues to take.

• Like Like x 1
  8. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eat healthy, exercise regularly. and also give yourself a break once in awhile. Eating what you've been craving for at least once a week is I think enough to make you happy and fit at the same time. ;)

9. smo9marketing

smo9marketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally, when I do something I love, i forget to eat.

--- without trying.

I'm not even Christian but I love what jesus said, "my food is for me to do the work of the father."

• Like Like x 1
  10. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just read an article that says people who sleep 5 hours or less have the chance of being obese than people who sleep 7 to 9 hours every night. So, sleep right. :)

11. garry

garry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be more aware of what you eat and exercise each day that could help you burn fat. Discipline yourself not to eat too much and always eat on time. Foods that are not eaten on time could turn to fats and don't eat one hour or two before going to bed because it wont get burn.

12. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

mix 1 tsp of cinnamon,i tsp honey,n half lemon slice in a glass of boil water.this will slowly help u to reduce your weight n increase metabolism [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. suba

suba
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obesity is a chronic disease affecting more and more children, adolescents and adults:

1. obesity rates among children in the U.S. have doubled since 1980 and have tripled for adolescents
    2. 15% percent of children aged six to 19 are considered overweight
    over 60 percent of adults are considered overweight or obese

Balance the food “checkbook.” Eating more calories than you burn for energy will lead to weight gain.

14. JaneParker

JaneParker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

eat less and exercise :)

15. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thinking of trying this out. Hmm.

16. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By striking out idleness and laziness out of your life, proper excercise of few minutes in the morning.... Working hard in whatever you do...will definitely help you to overcome your obesity...

17. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you can try join some Sports that require alot of working out such as Football(UK) require a lot of running.

18. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

I struggle with my weight, too. I'm not huge, but for my 5'8" (172.8cm) smallish frame I'm too big, mostly in the belly (no, it's not a beer gut :p ). The problem is there are so many different pieces of advice for losing weight that it gets frustrating to know exactly what to do. What works for one person may not work for me. The one piece of advice that makes the most sense to me is to just follow the Canada Food Guide (other countries probably have a similar guide) and my weight will be normal. Of course, I have to get proper exercise as well.

So instead of trying to figure out all the diets and advice, I'm looking at following the official food guide.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An extremely broad subject which I don't think you can easily find the answer to on a business advice forum but a few general rules would be to cut down on fat (obviously), especially trans fat. Exercise is also an extremely large factor, don't exercise in terms of weight lifting (unless you want to turn the fat into muscle), focus more on things that will get you to sweat...a lot. If you're not comfortable jogging in public, start out slowly on a treadmill so you don't get a heart attack from the sudden increase in physical exercise. But defiantly work on jogging in natural fresh air. Much healthier than a gym in terms of natural oxygen circulating your body. Drinking water while eating will also cut down on your appetite. Also make it a habit of standing up after you're done eating.

That's just a few tips and facts I picked up on my mission to gaining muscle mass. Hope it helps :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eat with measure and drink with please.