How can I reduce my business trip?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Justinjude, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks in advance to all of you. Can you please share your views that how can I reduce my business trip. Actually I am a cloth trader due to which I always need to go out of city to show my samples. Friends it’s really hard and cost effective to travel. I am looking for a way through which I can show my samples anyhow. Share your views please.

2. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to develop& implement a travel policy for your marketing. You can use consistent travel booking service to control the travel cost. If possible, make use of internet to communicate with your customers and show your samples online.

3. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Marriott that you must investigate how you minimize travel costs. Remember however that your travel costs should be included in your selling price. So unless people don't really want the product, or if you are targeting the wrong market, I don't think price is really the problem.

Your business is limited in the sense that your success is based on the clients ability to feel, touch and smell the cloth that you offer on sample. So although pictures serve a purpose they can't replace your being their, hearing their response, discovering and remembering what their needs are and buying it when you go to the places you buy or get new samples of it for that client.

The other part of the problem may lay in the fact that the task is difficult, because you are only one person, and you can only see so many clients, even if you work all day and night! You may have reached you personal ceiling of performance that requires the next step. The one of duplicating yourself, so that eventually you can work yourself out of a job!Am I on the right track here in answering your post?

4. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Changed creation. But, I have one good idea. Why don't you get an agent in the other city. I suppose, you are doing this business for long. Just identify a broker. This might be a person working in one of your client's shop. You can courier the material to him and he can show it to your clients. Each time he visits a shop ask him to get one visit paper get stamped by the owner of the shop. Or you yourself create an appointment and send this guy to him. this way you don't need to visit the place again and again. You can visit them once or twice in a year just for relationship management.

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you used Pinterest? Are you aware of it? I am very sure that Pinterest will be a good solution for you to reduce your travel tips - since you reason is just to show your clients your samples. Pinterest is a social media that are primarily used in sharing images online. That might help you.

Regards,
    Mark

6. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Changed Creation have given very good suggestion. It can be helpful for Justinjude.