How can I reach this market online

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Aee89, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Aee89

Aee89
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to sell a service to dental patients seeking free/low cost dental work.
    to be more precise we're looking at people of low income, can't afford dental work/insurance and are having problems with their teeth.

Any ideas on how to find them online? we're would they go?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Aee89.

Are you trying to reach dental patients in a particular country or geographic area?

Do you have a website for your business or whatever you are selling?

3. Aee89

Aee89
    uix_expand uix_collapse

an alpha site. we'll be lunching the beta version as soon as we come up with a proper marketing strategy, which includes a better understanding of our market.

it's not just the marketing budget as to why we're doing this online, but also, as you know, the power of online marketing and social media.
    oh, and BTW, I love how you use Twitter.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Aee89, I do enjoy using Twitter. Twitter Search is something that would help you to find and connect with people that are discussing products or issues relevant to your business. Just type in the relevant term and you will find people that are tweeting about it right now.

Have you considered FaceBook ads? You can be very specific with those and have them only displayed to people with a certain profile.

Google Adwords is another option to consider.

What about dental, health, cosmetic and money saving related forums? You should be able to find some members in those, who are in your target market. You could make helpful replies to their forum posts and include a link to your site in your signature.

Leaving helpful comments in relevant blog posts is something else to consider.

Google's Keyword Tool can be helpful to find keywords that would be relevant to your product / service and target market.

Good luck with it and please let us know your thoughts or if that is helpful to you.

5. srobison62

srobison62
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had this same kind of problem with low income areas. The thing is most of these people dont do alot of internet surfing or are very tech savy. What I found that works more than anything is word of mouth. You are talking about a target market that spends alot of time talking to each other, and thats what I have found reaches them the best. I would suggest doing some foot work, do a good job, and tell them to tell there friends.

6. Chinahailin

Chinahailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Adwords is a good and fast way to get traffic to your website and it also brings you some customer. If in this area, people don`t do a lot of internet surfing or are very tech savy, you can try to put some radio advertising or others.

7. Aee89

Aee89
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just how many of these google and facebook ads do you guys respond to? Cuz I never clicked on those ads!! Ever!
    I think people see them as annoying spam and learned to ignore them.

Foot work is out of the question because, first, we're located in Jordan and we want our service(web-based platform) to reach global market. also, we can't afford to hire someone to represent us. but you're absolutely right, WOM is our biggest driver. So what we're really looking at is focus on dentists(people serving our market) and have them spread the word.

Which brings me to another question: how to promote evangelism in your customers?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Aee89 Google Adwords and some of the other advertising networks are pay per click, which means that you only pay, when someone actually clicks on one of your ads.

The best way, is by providing an excellent product or service. If someone is impressed with something they have purchased or a service they availed of, they are generally very willing and happy to tell their friends and family about it.

You will also get more referrals if you ask for them. Ask your customers, if they know anyone else that might benefit from your product or service.

The next way is by rewarding people for making referrals to your business. You could give them a free service or a cash payment for every referral they make. You might find this thread helpful - Using Affiliates & Promotional Codes.

9. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twitter and Facebook for me is the simplest yet the most effective.