How Can I make a PayPal Refund?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Someone has purchased a link on a directory I own, for an adult site. I appreciate the business but we don't accept adult sites and I want to issue a refund to the purchaser. I've currently got less money in my PayPal account than the purchase price of the listing and I get the message below when I try to issue a refund.

When I click the "Add Funds" button in PayPal, I get this message,

My PayPal account is fine and I can pay people from it without any problems. I could pay the customer by simply sending them the money via PayPal. However, this would result in two PayPal transactions with a fee on each one.

Is there any other way that I can make the refund and avoid PayPal fees? PayPal don't charge fees on refunds if you have the funds in your account.

2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It isn't going to happen until you have the funds to cover it. You can not add funds from you CC either?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

No, I don't see any way of doing this in PayPal. My CC is fine and I can spend money on it but I can't figure out how to send money from it to my PayPal account.

4. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I tried after I posted that, well, several hours later, and it doesn't let you. Silly that.

5. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically. Contact the member. Then get the correct amount of unds back in your PayPal and send the money back. Make sure you have communication with the customer.

6. rachael24

rachael24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah just make you have customer communication. Good Luck with it!

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I wasn't able to make a refund so I contacted the customer and made a payment to them. I decided to pay them back more than than what they paid me, so that they would not lose money on the transaction fees.

8. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You shouldn't of really worried about the fees. If they sent you lets say $100 and it becomes $94 when you get it. Just send $100 back. Don't make it like $104. :)

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I didn't think that it would be fair on the customer if they lost money because of the transaction. In the interest of maintaining customer goodwill I felt it would be better to refund them in such a way that they did not lose anything, ie the $104 in your example.

10. sarahFreder

sarahFreder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can ask for suggestion from Dp member in DP forum coz there are lot of people who are doing internet marketing in online through paypal. they will definetly give you best suggestion for your problem