How can I know if I have a good web business idea

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by m2244, Jul 17, 2012.

1. m2244

m2244
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I have an idea for a web based business. the few people I have talked to about it think it is a winner. I am meeting with someone on Friday to sign a non-disclosure and go over the idea. Like I said it is web based but what scares me is that it would require a good deal of development.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Success Happens

Success Happens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Research, research, research and then plan, plan, plan. There are those that don't think a thorough business plan is worth it - don't be one of those. When you go into business you need to ask yourself what you want from that business. Then you have to prove it's viability - making the plan proves or disproves this. Don't forget a budget, including contingency planning, and make sure you have a marketing plan that really targets your audience.

3. Ben Advice

Ben Advice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The advice listed above might be the most important aspect of business. Throughout my entire experience in the world of business, I've found that researching and planning makes everything else a breeze. Whether you are attempting to come up with a name or pitch an idea, knowledge is power.

People will respect someone who is well prepared and has covered all of the ins and outs of their proposal. That and look nice I guess. :p

4. Richard_H

Richard_H
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree..researching and planning are two of the most important factors in business

5. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep. Success Happens, nailed that one.

If you're putting cash behind the idea, there's much more risk. It would be better if you could build up and test the waters before laying out a bunch of money. But there's always exceptions to everything. For example: if your idea is unique, there may be no way of knowing how well it would do, since no one has done it before.

But, if you can find common elements and compare it to other similar ideas, you might be able to get some kind of prediction.

Also, if you could have a back up plan, or some way of tweaking the original plan, that could be wise. You may have a good idea that doesn't quite take off, but fine tuning it might help make it a hit.

6. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At first you must analyze the market and competitors, and then decide run a businesses or no.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only way we could help you is to give us some information you can hand us out to know about your business idea and possible plans.
    Developing your business idea requires a lot of effort and workforce from people that you can rely on. Your business idea will jump-start soon as you know your goals as well.

8. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with post that all member have posted.market research and business planning are two important aspect which will help you a lot before establishing any organization.market research identifies leading brands,analysis of key factors that influencing market,economic influences,new product developments,pricing issues etc.It helps to know different market before starting any company.

9. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Talk to people you trust. I once talked to a person who had started a number of companies. He said someone had told him early in his career to keep his ideas to himself or someone would steal them. He ignored that advice and said that he was glad he did. No one he talked to had ever stolen one of his ideas and the feedback he received from sharing his ideas enabled him to see things through the eyes of others that enabled him to avoid many trials and errors.

• Like Like x 1
  10. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As everyone suggested - you need to do your research, map the field, map your competitors..are they successful? How long they are on the market? Prices? Do they have any mistakes in their services you can exploit for your advantage?