How can I increase my adsense earnings ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by simplyjo, Oct 25, 2010.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

Currently I have 1 site optimized/ created especially for adsense ,which is grossing 0 - 50 cents a day (average). Do you think if I repeat this with 10 more sites - thats the right way to increase earnings ? Or are current earnings too less to even think about expansion ?

What are the ways/ tips/ tricks you all use to increase adsense earnings ?

Anyone making $100 a day?

Thanks,
    Jo

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

simplyjo do you feel that there is potential to increase the revenue on your existing site? Personally I'd be inclined to focus on improving it and bringing it to its full potential before starting a new site.

3. Hovis

Hovis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The recent guidelines that have been updated by Google say that they love BIG sites - have you considered adding to your existing successful site to build your income. Then start adding links to the site and see what happens?

4. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal - Site is already on Page 1 of google for the targeted search term. It was on rank 7, has moved up to rank 3. How can I make it better and enhance earnings ? I get 100-200 impressions a day.

Thats true! Google does enjoy big sites. I would love to add to it, but its enjoying a nice position on Google, so I am not sure if tweaking it would benefit further ?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

simplyjo well done on getting a number one ranking on Google, that's great. What you can do, is add more pages to your site with content related to your site's niche and the keyword that you have used on the main page. Then try to rank each of these pages for its own keyword. This will give you a larger site, similar to what Hovis recommended, all the content will be on the same niche and you can increase your traffic from the search engines, because each page will rank for a different keyword.

Could that work for you?

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would it be possible if you can share the URL to us?
    It would be very much helpful to those people who want to help.

Anyways, regarding the earnings, I suggest you to improve it's traffic first than making another site which will make you start from zero. And basically repeating everything you have done.

Honestly, it's also a problem of mine awhile back. Getting a few clicks each day. But look at now, after much hard work for over 6 months, I can finally get at least $1-$2 each day. :)

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your current traffic, CTR and CPC.
    If the main reason get low earning is due to CTR, you might try on the ads optimization (if your major traffic source from SE)
    And of course, you need to make your site rich of content

8. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's no right or wrong answer here. Either option, more sites or focusing your attentions on a single site, has significant pro's and con's.

By focusing on a single site, you're building on the traction you already have. You've gained some authority already (judging by your rankings, although given we don't know how competitive the terms you're targeting are it's hard to know where you stand) and can easily build on this, building related pages to the theme giving increased relevancy for your site. How valuable this would/could be will again depend on your target market, how broad the potential target phrases are, how valuable those might be, how easy it is to build a wide range of thematic pages, etc. It allows you to focus all your efforts on a single site (in terms of branding, link building, promoting, trust building, reputation, etc.), where the benefits can be spread over more than just a handful of target keywords/phrases and potentially give significant rewards.

By developing a number of sites, you lose out on many of the benefits mentioned above but you do significantly reduce your risks. If you focus everything on a single theme/site, you're in danger of a change in that market/sector leaving you with a site not giving any return. While it is more work trying to promote numerous sites, you're spreading the efforts across various verticals and can simply aim at picking up the 'low lying fruit' in each one (e.g. you're not trying to compete at the competitive end of a sector, just picking up value from the less competitive long tail terms in each area you're active in) which can actually provide better results (depending on your own abilities, those you're in competition against, your ability to rank for competitive terms, etc.). It's all well and good trying to rank for very valuable keywords, but if you're not successful your time might have been far more rewarding spent competing for a number of far less competitive terms.

Personally, I'd aim to focus a little more on the existing site for now. You probably still have a lot of scope for growth in terms of the content you can produce targeting a variety of related terms and thus make your site far more attractive than a 'thin' site. In time, I'd certainly suggest diversifying a little and setting up a number of other sites in different markets to mitigate risks. What you learn from growing the initial site will stand to you in the future as you develop and expand, so it's really down to your personal preference and either way has positives and negatives.

9. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Add some useful content to your website, then try try to find targeted traffic to your site who are interested with your content. Adsense will automatically put ads that are similar to the content in your site. Targeted traffic who are interested in your content will be interested in adsense ads and they will click on it.
    Then you will earn money. Put some effort at first, traffic will follow then money will follow.

10. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its better to improve and maximize the potential of one website before moving on the another :)