How can I increase fans on my facebook page?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by masthideals, Aug 4, 2010.

1. masthideals

masthideals
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello!

I am trying to increase the amount of fans following our fan page in our local area. We are a local service based business and I am trying to greatly increase our base of followers in our local area.

What is the best way to do this without spamming. I really want to get people to want to follow us and create some excitement around our service.

My Fan Page : facebook.com/pages/masthideals/118174988203190

Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum masthideals, thanks for joining. You've just got yourself one more FaceBook fan and I've also started following you on Twitter.

The first thing you could do is create a more memorable website address for your FaceBook page - it will make it easier for people to remember and find your fan page. It's free and easy to do and this thread explains how - How can I get a user-friendly URL for a FaceBook fan page?

Next you should share your fan page with your existing friends on FaceBook. Click the "Share" button on the left navigation area of your fan page and follow the prompts from there.

I see that you have a FaceBook button down on the bottom right hand corner of your web page. Would it be possible to move that button up to a more prominent location on your site, so that more of your website visitors will see you?

You could also promote your fan page using traditional media, e.g. on your premises, business cards, promotional brochures and letter head. This blog post by Damien Mulley gives a good example of how stickers could be used to promote your page. Also tell people about your FaceBook page and it's address at every opportunity you get.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF masthideals. Basically, Fergal already posted all the steps needed to get more Facebook Fans.
    I'll just add one. You can promote your page on various fan pages related to your fan page.

Another thing, add a Facebook social plug-in on your site. Go to your page's settings and on the Promote your page group, choose Promote with a Like Box. There you can get the code wherein you can put on your site.

PS: If you don't know your Facebook Page ID, it's 118174988203190.

Hope that helps.:thumbsup:

4. williams8899

williams8899
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Put up funny videos, if I see it I can tag it fr my friends, then they do the same, you just make sure you sell your company somewhere in the video.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just wanted to throw in a question that's relevant since masthideals is looking for local area fans too. Can you search Facebook to find people within your own geographical area or is there some way to find those local Facebook users easily?

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, masthideals! :)

6. pixelbob

pixelbob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase your followers on Facebook all you have to do is add your friends and after that tag your friends so your friend's friend will see your tag and if they're interested they will visit your Fan page.

7. Equine

Equine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

increase fans on face book page

1. increase your network or friend list.
    2. send invitation to your existing friend, to become fan of your page.
    3. update regular .
    4. share video and audio and images.
    5. put the page on your website.
    6. share it on all social media site.

8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm in the same situation and it's good to hear advice like has been provided.

I have added you too.

9. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

No need to worry. You can promote your fan page with your friends or you can also promote to fan page on several forums, blogs or a web page.

Thanks

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

11. WhatNow292

WhatNow292
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try twiends this site realy help you to get facebook fans

12. monica

monica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just finished some research on how to get more fans on FB and I came to the conclusion that the most effective way to get people like you is by giving them stuff. It doesn't even have to be expensive. Just call it contest, announce your contest with a few ads, writing in your groups, on pages you like, send messages to people in your list that haven't yet liked your business page. If it's local, you can announce it on the city's/town's FB page etc. You can give pens to the first 100 people that become fans of your page, business agendas to the next 150, free coupons or samples. Or invest in two tickets at some concert for your 1500 fan.

By the way there's one more trick to get more fans. Simply migrate your personal FB account to a page. You will lose some stuff, but all your friends will automatically be transformed into fans. Obviously, this is beneficial when you have a lot of friends. You can find out more about it here facebook.com/help/?page=18918 .

• Like Like x 1
    #12 monica, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum monica and thanks for the great suggestions. The idea of migrating your personal account to a page would be very helpful for anyone who has reached their 5,000 friends limit.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then, after the contest ended, most likely, they will "unlike" your page.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If they are interested in the subject matter of the page they will probably not unlike the page. I very rarely unlike a page in FaceBook, because having a page liked doesn't inconvenience me in any way. Why do you think people would "unlike" it?

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, in my opinion, it's kinda like joining a forum, or site just for the contest or prize.
    I don't know. I know I got many liked pages but when I saw them on my homepage spamming irrelevant posts or posts that doesn't really interest me, I will unlike them. Maybe it's just me based on my experience.

17. monica

monica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, GekiDan. I spend a lot of time on FB and I've never unliked a page. I've liked pages for contests but I never felt I had to unlike them after the contest ended, even if I didn't win. The fact is that I kind of forget I even liked a page at times. Basically the only reason to unlike a page would be for that company/NGO or whatever to completely shift its concept. Something like "help us save the forest" that would change into something like "helping lumberjacks cut down more forests"... And anyway, if you do start a contest on FB and even Twitter, it will literally poor with fans and followers, especially if it's a contest that drives users to be active. It does get boring on social networks at times, so when that happens, I'd rather have something useful to do, like score points in a contest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah. I already pointed what I meant in my previous posts. Anyways, like I said, I even forgot that I "liked" a certain page until I saw them invading my Facebook's homepage. And there are lots of people who do contests like "the picture with the most likes" and something like that that can gather fans. Although most of the time, I refrain or ignore that kind of invitation of friends due to that fact that I really don't "like" that page.

19. colorrgrapes

colorrgrapes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all, We are a Pre media outsourcing company in India would like to increase the amount of fans from overseas, if you have any unique idea to do this please post your valuable comments. Many thanks in advance.

www.facebook.com/colorrgrapes

20. GlobeNat

GlobeNat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, yes - why not to create a special thread in this forum where we can all post links to our FB pages and exchange likes? It would be great I think. What do moderators of this forum think?