How can I improve my keyword ranking ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 911riya, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 911riya

911riya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I improve my keyword ranking ?

I am doing SEO for the last 3 months for keyword “Satta Matka”. I had all on-page and off-page activities to improve keyword but i didn’t get any result. A few days before keywords were ranked in the top 10 positions (Google’s first page), but suddenly the ranking has been going down day by day.

My question is, why is it happening? Please analyze and help me to improve keyword ranking.

Thank you .

#1 911riya, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  2. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi dear... first of all welcome.
    I think it's a serious issue... website will come to first page and it will gone but after some days it will come back.

why because Google can update its directory monthly once or twice. So nothing to worry.
    soon it will come to first page.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I hope you don't mind, I edited your post to make the English better and correct some spelling errors.
    It depends on exactly what you are doing. If you are doing the wrong things, they may help for a little while, but your ranking will drop as soon as Google sees what you are doing. Unfortunately, we cannot analyze what you are doing because you did not provide us with sufficient information. If you can specify what you have been doing, we'll have a better idea of what the problem may be.

Although it may be wishful thinking on his part, bmwillsmith does have a point. Assuming that you have done nothing wrong (which we cannot yet do), Google's rankings do fluctuate a little, so a temporary drop is not unusual. However, you did say that your rankings are dropping day by day, so I think there may actually be something wrong. As I mentioned above, we cannot tell you what that may be without additional information.

#3 Joseph.Shivell, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  4. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should revise your keyword research. Try to target long tail keywords related to your theme. Focus on such keywords having less competition but high search volume. You should name your pages using keywords with hyphen sign.

5. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I understand your situation and business effect. As you write that, your keyword rank on first page but suddenly it was going down day by day and you did not find the reason. It may be Google effect of Google algorithm updates, so first you have to check your webmaster tool to know any Google penalty is levied or not and check you back link, if it is from low quality backlinks. Then, try to remove it or put it in Google disavow tool. Moreover, try to build quality back links from related site via sharing unique and quality content in each sharing. It is advisable to follow search engine guideline to get well rank and sustain for long last.

6. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let's say you have done all off page and on page stuffs. The question will be, are those stuffs effective enough to rank your site for your targeted keyword? Another thing, have you seen what your competitors are doing to rank for that keyword?

For the ranking drop, you said it goes down day by day. I think there's something wrong that an ordinary Google tweak has nothing to do with. It might be an indication that you are raising a red flag, competitors are beating you, low quality backlink profile, content issues, etc. Better analyze all possible things to make things clear.

7. chandanthaver

chandanthaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

check your on-page content uniqueness, meaningful and effectiveness after that you can do off-page activity like directory, bookmarking, classified, article, press release, forum posting, guest blogging. when you use this always use fresh content for the post. in short i am just saying about quality of work. i hope you are satisfied of this answer.

8. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All of the thoughts are already here, you can decide now what to do. And they are right, sometimes, you really don't need to do so much stuff, all you need to do is adjust and learn how to jive into that situation where in Google makes some updates and it affected your site. Every webmaster or site owners experiences this, if you are reading, one of the examples of this Google Updates is eBay, some of their keywords where affected bigtime.

9. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all this could be serious, if you are facing this issue. You have to find out that when this thing actually happened, because if your website is going through this critical issue it could be affected by any Google algorithm update( Panda , Penguin , EMD etc) . So, check your webmaster tool that have you got any message from Google. If yes then check whether its from Penguin attack or Panda attack.
    If you haven't got any meassage from Google Spam team... Then take it as a warning and start building quality backlinks with Brand keywords because it will help you to get good domain authority.Thanks.. I hope this will Help you. :)

#9 ActionEstore, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  10. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main reason to your keyword dropped is may be you were stop your OFF page strategies and link building methods.But I can not agree with your opinion.because you mentioned like A few days before keywords were ranked in the top 10 positions. Because if you doing SEO at first time to your website means,it should not get ranked on 1st page of Google initially.In starting period it would be improve level by level.

11. Johnpa012

Johnpa012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are doing everything for it then i think it will take more time for a good ranking because of high competition. Try following people's work. What they do that they are on good rank. i hope you know how to check it and it's not easy to get a good rank in 3 months now a days.

12. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content. Quality content created specifically for your intended user increases site traffic, which improves your site’s authority and relevance.

Identify a keyword phrase for each page. Think about how your reader might search for that specific page (with phrases like “mechanical engineering in Michigan,” “best applied physics program,” or “Michigan Tech degrees”). Then, repeat this phrase several times throughout the page—once or twice in the opening and closing paragraphs, and two to four more times throughout the remaining content.

Don’t forget to use bold, italics, heading tags, and other emphasis tags to highlight keyword phrases, but don’t overdo it.

Never sacrifice good writing for SEO. The best pages are written for the user, not for the search engine.

13. Stuart Spindlow1

Stuart Spindlow1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,
    Article Submission, Forum Posting, Blogging, Blog Commenting, etc are the best methods to increase keywords rank.

14. vithura

vithura
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Try to do long tail keyword. Forum posting, Article Submission, Blogging will improve your keyword ranking. And do some business listing in Pepagora, it also create some traffic.

15. graceatkin

graceatkin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Two things you must be followed;
    1- Proper implementation of ON Page elements
    2- And focus On long-tail keywords
    Also Google gives values to qualitative content, if you target keywords with long tail phrases that can indexed fast. Beside you can make sure the website speed and navigation.

16. gaurav.kumar

gaurav.kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

check your on-page content uniqueness, meaningful and effectiveness after that you can do off-page activity like directory, bookmarking, classified, article, press release. when you use this always use fresh content. in short i am just saying about quality of work. i hope you are satisfied of this answer.
    If you are doing everything for it then i think it will take more time for a good ranking because of high competition. Try following people's work. What they do that they are on good rank. i hope you know how to check it and it's not easy to get a good rank in 3 months now a days.

#16 gaurav.kumar, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  17. ConsultJoseph

ConsultJoseph
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Questions:

1. Was the site new when it was ranking? Matt Cutts has admitted that they (Google's algo) do indeed give out better "ranking bonuses" or "exceptions" for new domains.

2. How was the site off-site and on-site BEFORE the drop? Perhaps it coincided with the Panda 4.0 Google update?

3. Was your site over-optimized for the keyword (were you only targeting a single keyword)?

4. In order to analyze the site better, can you share more info about the site?

18. koddos

koddos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check your webmaster tool that have you got any message from Google. If yes then check whether its from Penguin attack or Panda attack. If you haven't got any message from Google Spam team.

19. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After Google's updates we need to work with relevancy & quality. Don't make exact matching keywords for your website,diversify you anchor text for getting good results.

20. Crystal Tadzik

Crystal Tadzik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to focus on on-site optimization. It is very important. Place heading 1 tag at the beginning with the keyword phrase. Bold it once or twice. Make it italic once.

#20 Crystal Tadzik, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.