How can I improve MY blogging to generate more traffic and business?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by apexis, Jun 11, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I improve MY blogging to generate more traffic and business?Thanks!

2. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all try to shift on word press or PHP website. If not possible than you have to work more to generate traffic. Link building is only way to get traffic from Google search engine.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Apexis, members will be able to give you more helpful suggestions about how to improve your blogging if you tell us a little about what you are doing at the moment, or perhaps even share a link to your blog.

4. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca
    uix_expand uix_collapse

- Submit your blog to popular blog directories
    - Promote your blog post on social networking websites
    - Submit it to trafficable social bookmarking sites
    - Publish quality wall posts/ teasers on your profile page
    - Promote your blog on niche related forums and online communities
    - Comment and guest post on niche related blogs
    - Try to make your blog interactive (encourage people to comment on your blog and allow guest posting)
    - You can integrate videos on your blog and promote those videos on different video distribution sites.

Guest posting works best for me. I use ‘Keyword Country’ for digging out my niche related celebrity blogs.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you post a link to your blog?

6. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic from Social media sites always increase the bounce rate of the website. Get ranked in Google by doing of page seo and link building.

7. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Write Well and Write Often
    Frequently updating your blog with useful content is the first step to building your blog's audience. The content you write is what will keep readers coming back for more. Make sure you have something meaningful to say to them and say it often to maintain their interest and keep them loyal.
    2. Submit Your Blog to Search Engines
    Get on the radar screen for the popular search engines such as Google and Yahoo! by submitting your blog's URL to them. Most search engines provide a 'Submit' link (or something similar) to notify the search engine of your new blog, so those search engines will crawl it and include your pages in their results.

3. Use and Update Your Blogroll

4. Harness the Power of Comments

Commenting is a simple and essential tool to increase your blog's traffic. First, respond to comments left on your blog to show your readers that you value their opinions and draw them into a two-way conversation. This will increase reader loyalty.
    By adding links to sites you like in your blogroll, the owners of those blogs will find your blog and will be likely to add a reciprocal link in their blogrolls.

Source : Nichesuite

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use this tips to help you gain traffic and ROI:
    Write articles that are unique, helpful, interesting, controversial or etc.
    Have a catchy Title and URL for that post.
    Make use of some HTML tags like Bold, Header tags, Italics and more.
    If you need to point out something, try using colorful fonts.
    Pictures says a lot, so try to give your post a relevant picture.
    Don't be over-promoting.
    Be natural.

9. garrett123

garrett123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days its important to write good quality articles. I used to do alot of cheap outsourcing for my content, but now you really have to research it yourself and find a writer that is willing to put in the time to make a great article.
    G has alot of metrics these days to figure out wether an article is high quality and readable or if it is barely legible an written by a non-native speaker.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How come if you are giving relative information on your social networking account? I didn't see it happen on mine.

11. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do keyword research, on-page and off page search engine optimization, and utilize social networking sites.

12. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will take time of your constant afford. Social media is best to drive web traffic to your site. High quality directory submission, and high quality article submission with forum posting and blog commenting can drive web traffic but it will take time.

13. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To generate traffic for your Blogs, Just follow the steps. So that you can see much traffic transformation to your blogs.

1. Optimize your Blog - Blog should be user friendly and informative to the end user. Provide Unique ideas and contents to your users.
    2. Get connected with Other Bloggers - Sign up with Blog Directories like Technorati and Blog Catalog, and engage with your related industry authors.
    3. SEO - If you have time you can optimize for search engines for keywords. (Note if you are an informative provider, choose readers oriented keywords. If you are an affiliate blogger, choose buyer oriented keyword. )
    4. SOCIAL - Get connected with people through socially. Create community for your audience and engage with them...(Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linked in are the major Social Network).

14. thesslstore

thesslstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

write good, quality and fresh blog post which will helps and looks more interested to visitor with sharing option in social media, it defiantly helps to generate more traffic because people always prefer to read interesting and beneficial blog for them..

15. saju09

saju09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Target Your Content to an Audience Likely to Share
    Participate in the Communities Where Your Audience Already Gathers
    Make Your Blog's Content SEO-Friendly
    Use Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to Share Your Posts & Find New Connections
    Install Analytics and Pay Attention to the Results
    Add Graphics, Photos and Illustrations (with link-back licensing)
    Frequently Reference Your Own Posts and Those of Others
    Guest Blog (and Accept the Guest Posts of Others)

16. terryds

terryds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Couple of questions.

Is it a free blog or hosted by yourself?
    What platform does it run off, Wordpress, Joomla, Blogengine?

17. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Apexis, I does follow all your forum question. Sometime I will feel that you are spammer, as most of the time you left a question without reply community, as result everyone is guessing the question and try to provide an answer.

Word press and PHP website are just a platform, it does not really play an important to improve traffic; I seem lot of people success in google blogger, typepad.... Link building does generate referral traffic, but it is not the only way to get traffic.

Link Building Means Earning “Hard Links” Not “Easy Links”

Full articles: http://searchengineland.com/link-building-means-earning-hard-links-not-easy-links-123767

Common webmaster question, my site have unique content and actively participate social site, why my site still cant increase traffic?

Full articles: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-goog...-seo-best-practices-forever-whiteboard-friday

• Like Like x 1
  18. memoonamike

memoonamike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1st target your local area traffic, use keywords related to your area search,
    2nd make your content unique and searchengine friendly so it can index your content,
    3rd use keywords related to people search and with your desire ranking kewords,
    4th bookmark your blog/site on social media site like twitter,digg,facebook,myspace etc.
    5th build link from content relevant pages which have very little outbound links,

19. thesslstore

thesslstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can improve your blog traffic by sharing unique and interesting content through your blog. also share your blog with Good blog directories and give the guest post platform on your blog for others.