How Can I Implement a Background Check For Business/Website

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by goozulby, Feb 8, 2011.

1. goozulby

goozulby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to start a business online and one of the key factors on how it functions is ensuring that the customers who interact on the website are who they say they are and are employed. In other words I would like to prevent scammers from joining the website as much as possible. For the moment I would like to know how I can integrate a low cost background check to my site so that I can verify each customer's ID and place employment?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum goozulby. One way which many sites get round this issue is by allowing users of the website to leave feedback based on their experience of using the site. This is what eBay does, when a customer views a particular seller on eBay they can see how good his / her reputation is and how many times they have sold through eBay in the past. By using this approach eBay don't need to verify the identity and do the background checks themselves.

Could this approach work for your site?

What type of service will you be providing from your site? Obvious we understand if you'd prefer to keep that confidential.