How can i get online sales statistics?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by janiepetter, Jul 11, 2011.

1. janiepetter

janiepetter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am new member here and would like to do business online.I want to open online sales website for online shopping.Currently i am doing some research in order to find out online sales statistics.so that i can collect all information and can start my work.
    For example:

How much percentage of people purchase clothes on ebay?
    How much percentage of people purchase footwear on ebay?etc

I really don't have much knowledge in business which is why i need help regarding this.:confused:

2. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Typically a website should sell to 1% off all website visitors, so if you get 100 visits a day you should get one sale in that day.

My advice would be to build a clean, user friendly and link worthy website, focus your efforts towards SEO/social optimisation and then consider conversion rate optimisation and run split tests to see what works best. You can use goals in Analytics to see which keywords are converting as well.

As a starting block you may also want to consider a small investment into Adwords to find some great keywords for your SEO campaign.

3. amshopping

amshopping
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i agree with the above reply.but i found it is so hard to get the traffic.do you know how?

4. janiepetter

janiepetter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this useful information.But can you help me in obtaining online sales statistics free?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

6. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal has left a great comment above about ebay and Google Analytics is free as well.