how can i get more sales

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Mazedas boutique, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Mazedas boutique

Mazedas boutique
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

i have recently started a online bespoke bridal wear business. i am advertising on facebook and do wholesale and aslo retail.

can you please vgive me some advise what to do to get more sales?

my conpany name is Mazedas boutique please google it and check my site as i can not post links

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertise on wedding and bridal forums and in bridal magazines. Look into eBay too. Look for blogs related to weddings and contact them for advertising rates. Go where the brides-to-be will be, don't wait for them to come to you.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Mazedas boutique. Facebook advertising can be extremely targeted. You can use it to target people who are engaged and from a certain geographic area.

Is this your site http://www.mazedas.com/?

What countries are you targeting?

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it will probably not be easy to get lots of sales as marriage is really costly these days. have you tried providing lots of freebies to those who availed your services?

couples are asking each other where they can get discounts and freebies so word of mouth is important to that business.

5. Mazedas boutique

Mazedas boutique
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have actually signed up and joined alot of forums. I know you need to spend to make money. But at the moment budget is very tight and i dont want to overspend and get myself into trouble. Thanks for your advice and i will look into the blogs

yes that is my site

Also I am trying to target internationally

I have tried to do 50% discounts etc. Family discount and other Freebies. but still its quite slow :(

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of forums did you join and how has it been working out for you?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do agree on ownedbox regarding the costs of church wedding these days.
    But to tell you the truth, I would rather order locally than abroad when it comes to these things. Since importing can costs more than buying locally.
    May we know from what country are you? Have you had many customers from your own country?
    Do you have your own boutique wherein customers can walk-in and take a look at your designs?
    Have you already tried giving out ad pamphlets within a designated place or tried advertising on a newspaper?

Regarding your site, you might have forgotten to fill out the About Us page of some details regarding your company. Since I don't read anything about your site. Hope you can fix it.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Considering the title of this section of the forum, have you considered getting your site ranked on Google or other major search engines? Over 70% of people who purchase a product or service check the search engines before making a purchase.
    Because money is tight right now, you might not have the money to have someone do it for you, which would be the best way to go, especially if you want to sell internationally. There is plenty of help in this forum to help you get started yourself. Eventually, however, you will probably wind up hiring someone. Check them out thoroughly, however, as you do not want to "overspend and get myself into trouble", to quote your earlier post.
    In the meantime, ownedbox and Kay have some very good ideas - go to where the brides are, don't wait for them to come to you. Plus offering discounts or freebies can help. Also, if you can go to a bridal show and have a drawing to give away a prize, you can build your mailing list.