How can I get "free" quality backlinks ? Also need a list of RSS feed sites pls.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simplyjo, Jul 8, 2013.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a long list of RSS feed sites from an ebook I was reading. 90% of the links dont work. Anyone know best places I can submit a site ?

Also, how to get "free" quality backlinks ?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The ebook wasn't free, was it? If so, it was probably offered to get you on someone's mailing list, and was never meant to give you actual RSS feed sites.

Also, how to get "free" quality backlinks ?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you cannot get backlinks that are both "free" and quality, unless you do the work to get them yourself - and it takes a lot of work. "Free" links are going to be worth every penny you paid for them - in other words, nothing. Quality links will only come from professional SEO providers that have the resources to obtain them. I would also avoid using services from sites like Fiverr or SEOclerks, as these are usually provided by freelancers, whose links may be okay for someone with a business they run in their spare time, but are not the quality links needed by someone with a full-time business as their primary source of income.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way I have found to get the highest quality links is to:

1. First have a website and web page worthy of a really high quality link. High quality link sources are pickier about where they link out to. So, your website and web page really needs to be worthy of that link first. If it is not, then you are mostly wasting your time trying to get the really high quality ones.
    2. Find other websites in your niche that are frequently visited by the kinds of people you want to get to come to your website. Make a list of a handful of these kinds of sites.
    3. Visit each site on your list and come up with a plan to get a link from each site. Your approach to getting a link from each site might be different. In most of my cases it would involve me contacting the owner of the website and asking if there was any way I could contribute high quality content to his/her website. Maybe that means doing a guest blog post or creating an infographic or a combination of various forms of content or something else. Use your imagination in each instance.

The really high quality links come from personal one on one relationships because you have actually met and had a conversation with that other website owner. They can come naturally once you are well established and well known in your niche. Until you become well known though, you have to earn those links by reaching out and meeting other people (influencers) in your niche.

If you don’t want to reach out to the most influential people in your niche, then your second best bet to getting high quality links is to either go find places that openly offer guest blog posting opportunities or else visit sites that help you find them like this site, this site or this site. Some of those sources might be among the best places to promote your own website.

If you take those steps you will be getting links that are far superior to what your competitors are getting because very few people will put that much effort into getting links.

• Like Like x 2
    #3 Ted, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awesome info. Thanks a ton. So guest blogging (AFTER you have a great website) is the best way to go, eh ?

How about Press release submissions, forum profile links, signature links, Bookmarking sites, youtube, Web 2.0 sites etc ? Are those any good ?

5. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guest blogging is one of the best ways to go if you do what it takes to guest blog on the most authoritative other websites in your niche. If you are just guest blogging on random blogs or even guest blogging on any random niche related blogs, then I would consider the sites with less authority to be less valuable links. I hope you understand what I mean?

Guest blogging cannot all be grouped together. There are different levels of guest blogging.

The best of the best is guest blogging on a really authoritative website. Those are the highest quality link opportunities because the links are likely to count more and because that publicity might get you noticed by other really authoritative people.

Most guest blogging happens on average websites. Some might be niche related and some might not. These are average links.

If you wanted to be technical about it then you would have to analyze the amount of Page Authority the page has where your link is going to come from and also pay attention to the Google PageRank of that page. Higher amounts of those metrics make the link more valuable. Those things matter whether the website your link comes from is relevant to your website or not.

Press release submissions - Some are valuable. Most are not.

Forum profile Links - Some can be made valuable if you know how. The vast majority are nearly worthless or even counterproductive.

Forum Signature Links - Most are nearly useless or even counter productive. They can be used for manipulating PageRank of specific target pages though. They can also be used as an authority booster for other traffic funnels you have on inside that forum itself.

Embedded forum thread links - (links inside threads where other people mention and talk about your website and link to it) can be very valuable for both search engine rankings and targeted traffic depending on the circumstances.

Bookmarking sites - Mostly useless - few exceptions. Can be used for indexing purposes and search engine bot traffic and also for getting one easy link from each domain. Other than that, they are mostly useless when created for SEO purposes.

YouTube links - depends where the link comes from on YouTube. Most links are useless beyond getting one link from there. Better off using YouTube as a traffic funnel rather than a source for multiple links.

Web 2.0 sites - Very valuable for SEO if implemented properly.

Those are my opinions based on my experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  6. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a question. When we talk about article or press release submission, in most cases since we are submitting the same (or slightly tweaked) content again and again, do they give effective results when it comes to generating links, forget quality links?

And Ted, I agree with you about the guest blogging part to be the most effective way of bringing quality backlinks, especially, if you have a quality and informative post to support it.

7. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on where the links are coming from. If the links are coming from high quality sites and you aren't creating a pattern that looks like you are trying to manipulate your rankings then yes the links should help. If you repeat the same anchor text to the same page over and over then you are probably going to get hit by the next Penguin iteration.

If the anchor text is very well diversified and the links point to many different pages on your website, then they are more likely to help.

You don't need as many links as you think though if the links are honestly high quality links.

8. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to bookmark this thread. Amazing advice , Ted. Noted =D

9. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many websites available on the web that has good PR and authority like delicious, reditt, dmoz and many more. You can submit your site with unique title and description. This method helps to increase quality backlinks for your website. Quality backlinks is equal to good ranking and Page rank.

10. bhanupriya

bhanupriya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality Backlinks

Guest posting, forum posting and blog commenting are the three best ways to get quality backlinks.

11. webtriangle

webtriangle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum posting
    Guest posting
    directory submission
    are best way to get quality backlinks.

12. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally,
    - Blog Comment posting of similar or in bye product industry