How can i gain more adverts?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bretttina, Jan 9, 2012.

1. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good day to one and all,

I have recently released my new site http://mobileexchange.co and i am in need of people to start to post ads on it,

It is a FREE ADS site specifically for anything mobile phone related including:

Mobiles, accessories such as cases and batteries ...... i think you get the picture,

so my question is:

How can i get people to start posting ads on the site?

Is there something that i need to change or add to the site?

Many thanks,

Brett.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

How you advertise the site would depend on the funds, if any, you have available to do so. You need to not only let people know the site exists, but encourage them to participate, i.e. post ads. If funds are a problem, their are several free classified ad sites (Google the phrase "free classified ads"), and many forums, including this one, have a section for Member Ads.
    Speaking of those free classified ad sites, that could be a problem - although you can advertise your website on these sites, some could also be your competition. Although your site specializes in mobile phones, you could be a small tree in a big forest. You need to do something to stand out.
    I tried to find websites similar to yours, but couldn't think of an appropriate phrase to search. So, I wouldn't recommend SEO at this point. However, an organized social media campaign could get the word out about your site, if the funds are available.

• Like Like x 2
  3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to do, request mobile content from mobile shopper. Offer them, you do a free mobile promotion for them, you will help them update too. Once the mobile retailer or shopper get response, they interest to post more content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi and thanks for the response,

I have had a look at http://www.themobileshopper.co.uk/ but i can't see how to approach them with regards to a free mobile promotion, any ideas please?

5. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi and thanks for the great comments :) ,

How does a social media campaign actually work? and is it costly? how would it benefit my site?

I used the search phrase "mobile exchange"

6. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do some Back Linking Stuff such Forum Posting, Blog Commenting, Directory Submission. This techniques are very useful in promoting your site. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Building backlinks every day m8 and have done directory submissions,

It's not really this i was asking, i wanted to know how i can get more people to post adverts on the site?

Any ideas?

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use social media and social networking sites to drive traffic to your ad site. You can target those business profiles and probably offer them you products as most businesses look for certain types of ad site where they can post their own adverts and promote it online.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Alexander P,

I really appreciate your comments but how do i target those business profiles and offer them my products?

Please explain some more about this comment and i would really appreciate some help on how to get them interested?

"most businesses look for certain types of ad site where they can post their own adverts and promote it online"

Kind regards,

Brett.

10. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Put your website link on other classifieds sites like on craiglist, freeclassifieds, postads etc,etc...

• Like Like x 1
  11. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks but do they not fringe upon the insertion of links in these lists?

12. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there brettina. Well, what I mean target those business profiles is (if possible) by commenting or contacting them via their contact information on their social media profiles. You can send them your offers about adverts for mobile phones and anything related. If possible and if they provide email address too, try to PM them, create an honest and credible as well as copy-written and perfectly created email to their business.

What I mean on your second question is that, one thing that businesses probably like on adverts is to see that it can really benefit them and that it FITS their needs. They can post their ads depending on their needs for the adverts, their targets, the category, but also without compromising your website ads' credibility. (and avoiding spam ads as well)

13. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i will give you a mildly unethical but very effective way to do this. the reason people aren't posting ads is because it looks like hte site is empty/has no traffic so why would they bother? you need to populate the site with products.
    go on elance and post a project asking someone to do a data entry type job and add a ton of ads on your site. you can get people on there for like $3/hour no problem so it won't cost you much but you will get the job done.

• Like Like x 1