How can i gain clients for Graphic Design service?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by 50Cent, Nov 12, 2010.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to know how can i gain client?

Other than advertising in social networking which i have done as many as i could.

Thanks!

2. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would start by getting your website un-suspended. :)

But you need to use more than one job seeking websites, the thing is, people go to website designers for everything now, as they are good with graphics and make logo's to go with the website as well, so maybe become a website designer?

Thanks!

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

50Cent when choosing a designer most prospective clients will look to the designer's portfolio to see if the designer can design work of the quality they need. As you are just starting out I would say that the most important task for you right now is to keep building your design portfolio. Do as many graphics as you can for people, even if it means doing them for free and add those designs to your portfolio. Once you have a good portfolio that you are proud of and is strong enough to convince clients that you can do good quality work for them, then start promoting yourself and trying to get paying clients.

4. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

through forums. find the forums that you think your target market would be interested in.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is a good list of webmaster and trading forums in our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

6. inderjit66

inderjit66
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search websites that are related to your work and send them an email, telling them what service you provide.

7. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal -- you need to build up your portfolio. Look for local projects that you could offer help to, or friends.

Or simply develop some sites for yourself. That's how I learned design and SEO to begin with was when I created my own website.

Good luck!

Lori

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good idea, perhaps there are some local charities that would be delighted to have some free graphics designed for them 50Cent.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was helping my friends to get client online (of course i get commission once the buyer paste order), he is manufacturer and he have website too. What i did is looking for the similar site and compare the price, if the price is big different, then i will email to the owner, give her/him some sample and price. I get 1 client after send out 20 email in average

10. billinboots

billinboots
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i find sigma is great in this way, and can we cooperate for the business and gain the client?

11. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to develop web presence and a name in the graphics community. The first genuine name that comes to mind is Chris Spooner. I think you need to get onto graphics communities and marketplaces and develop that web presence. You could look at GraphicRiver where you can sell graphics exclusively and also gain money in the process.

12. debwier

debwier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might try bidding on projects at sites like eLance. Once you've completed a few projects successfully, this could lead to repeat business from the same clients.

13. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For getting a large number of client,You gave to promote your business,you have to do very good marketing.
    You can take the help of google ,which will really help you get lots of client.

14. aimee

aimee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try Email Marketing .....that will surely help you.

15. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is a good strategy as well :)

16. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Once you're at the right level for email marketing, consider pay per click as well. Don't take Google's advice, keep your keyword list really narrow, and it can work well. Just remember to think: "what would a person that needs my design work be typing in to Google?" to make your keywords. Then add negative keywords, for example "interior" because you are not an "interior designer."

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing that will lead to customer confusion, right?

18. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hv u ever face Success by using Email marketing @ dear ava_camen

19. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is especially crucial every time you meet with a prospective client. Preparing yourself before a meeting is the best means for you to put your best foot forward to your target clients. Look for local projects that you could offer help to, or friends.

20. Charles-John

Charles-John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. If you find any website lacking a good logo email them with a free sample. (Till you get a good portfolio)
    2. Participate in logo contests. You can find many in forums.digitalpoint.com. Forums like this are a good place to build your portfolio (won't get much $ there)
    3. After building your portfolio bid in elance, getafreelancer, odesk etc
    4. Try to have a tie up with a web designing company or a freelancer (better)
    5. And yes have a website.

and just don't stop with logo designing, it wont get you very far. Try designing T-shirt designs, tattoos etc