How can I find finance sites and party planning sites for link exchange?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by askpreeti, Feb 8, 2013.

1. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys, how to search websites for link exchange ?
    I have one finance website and one party planning websites. I am searching websites in same area that can exchange their links with my website.
    How to find such websites in particular region?? what query should i write in search engine??

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There are a couple of reasons why I would not recommend using a link exchange, beginning with the fact that Google, in their Webmaster Guidelines, specifically says to avoid "excessive link exchanging". Some may pick up on the word "excessive" and use that as a reason why they should use link exchanges, but there are a couple of reasons why you shouldn't. First, each link is considered an endorsement of your site, and a link exchange is not an endorsement - someone is linking to you because you link to them. The other reason is related to your situation. You are asking for finance websites to link to a finance website, and party planners to link to a party planner. Why would someone link to a competitor who can take potential clients away from them?
    The type of links that the search engines are looking for are editorial links from blogs, articles, press releases, etc. These are the types of backlinks you should be pursuing.

• Like Like x 3
    #2 Joseph.Shivell, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

askpreeti to follow up on joeroxx's advice, what I suggest you do is find sites that are linking to your competitors. Then contact them and ask if they would be prepared to link back to you. That way you can build up one way links, which are much more valuable for your SEO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Two simple ways-

1- There is a feedback form on most sites. Locate the sites with you want to exchange the link and contat them via that route...
    2- Take part on forums.There are areas of discussion for links exchange....You are sure to find your match....

• Like Like x 1
  5. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its better to do a competitor analysis and find out the links pointing to their site. If its a blog site, ask them to post one of yours, if its a directory, add your site there, if its a forum, register there. Try to get organic traffic and links, link exchanges are not recommended these days.

• Like Like x 1
  6. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for opinion,sir i have one more doubt,if i exchange website links, will Google set penalty on my site or will just ignore my site ?. and if i exchange my website links with maximum 4-5 good sites having good pr,in that case will it be helpful ? i mean what will be your suggestions in this case ?

7. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for your important suggestion sir. but after reading joeroxx advice,i am in confusion whether to exchange links or not.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If the choice was between using or not using link exchange, I would say not to use them. As I mentioned in my previous post, links from blogs, articles, press releases, and similar places are the type of link that Google is looking for. As Fergal also mentioned , one-way links are more valuable for SEO than link exchanges or other link schemes.

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do posts some of your articles to some related blogs instead. It sure can help your SEO. If you need to pay them, do it. It probably won't costs more than $20. Some may reject though but look for other blogs.