How can i find customers for my services?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by roozbeh, Mar 5, 2013.

1. roozbeh

roozbeh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I'm providing professional services which i selected 3 among them listed below:

1. Running Online Stores [using Magento]
    2. Implemeneting WordPress Catalog Websites
    3. PSD to HTML service

And about those i'm going to say i'm really confident about my services, beside i live in Middle-East i have customers from USA, UK, and some other Europe countries.

The quality of my work made me some monthly income but now i decided to develop my business, gain more customers and make my developers team bigger. Currently for item 1 and 2 i just targeted local customers but for 3rd one (PSD to HTML5 super high quality and all valid) i'm thinking about the global market.

But i don't know how do i start? Should advertise (banner, ad-sense, ...)? What strategy should i use (target a country? target some website? ....?) Should i send email to website owners and ask them for redesign? Should i talk to webdesign companies and ask them to work with them? and a lot of other questions. Please help me to get started.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do you get clients currently? Do you carry out any promotional activities? i believe you do have a website for your services. You can promote your website to get more clients. If you think of long term then you can work on SEO or you might simply run ad campaigns on sites related to your field.

You might also ask your existing clients to refer new clients and in turn offer them some discounts of benefits. When you are beginning with your promotional you might try and see what works for you and then focus on those activities accordingly.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum roozbeh, thanks for joining. Do you have a website with further information on the services you provide? If so, would you mind sharing a link to it?

You would be welcome to promote your services in the Webmaster & Advertising Offers & Requests section here on Business Advice Forum.

Would you consider promoting your services on freelance sites?

4. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is how I would start out:

1) Build a website specifically to sell the PSD to HTML service
    - Use SEO to target the keyword = "PSD to HTML service" with the homepage
    - Add lots of testimonials to your sales page
    - Add a blog to the site where you can write about all aspects of converting PSD to HTML
    - Generate links and publicity for your website and your blog by engaging in as much content marketing as you have time for

2) Purchase Google Adwords advertising from the search network only - target same keyword = PSD to HTML service as well as any other probable converting keywords

3) Compose a free report that explains "How a web designer can make money reselling PSD to HTML services" - Use an opt-in page to capture email addresses of people who want to download that free report.

4) Compose a series of useful emails that you can automatically send (over a period of days or weeks) to people who opt-in to download your free report

• Like Like x 1