How can I expand my partition successfully?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Kyle267, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Kyle267

Kyle267
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Dell laptop always reminds me that the system partition is in low disk space and needs to be expanded quickly. But, I don’t know what I can do to expand it successfully. I am using Windows 7. How can I expand it step by step?

2. Doreen67

Doreen67
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try to do three things to resolve this low disk space problem:

1). Delete some unnecessary files or programs on your system partition to free up the partition space.
    You can have many ways to free up your system partition space, like deleting some useless files/folders, uninstall some unnecessary programs and running the Disk Cleanup tool.

2). Extend your system partition in Disk Management
    Back up everything important on another drive, shrink your rest partition with enough free space and extend your system partition by right clicking it in Disk Management.

3). Apply some partition resizing tools.
    If you are not so familiar about the partition resizing tuffs, you can directly use some partition resizing tools like: IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free, EaseUS Partition Master, Active Partition Master and more.

PS: Always back up everything important well before resizing partition in case of data loss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alma2645

Alma2645
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know there are two solutions for you:
    1). Expand this system partition in Disk Management. Shrink or delete one partition and add the created space to your system partition.
    2). Expand your system partition space with professional partition resizing tools. There are many similar tools. Just select an efficient one online.
    This video tutorial about how to increase drive space could give you some helps:
    youtube.com/watch?v=6jCeT7CbsKk
    Never forget to save all crucial data on different drives in advance.

4. lewiskent

lewiskent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can follow a few steps to expand your partition successfully:-
    1) Save and backup up the data on the hard drive you want to extend.
    2) Log in to your computer using the administrator password.
    3) Access the computer management application.
    4) Access the disk management console.
    5) Extend the system volume of your computer disk.
    6) Now close the computer management window.
    If you still face any problem then you can take assistance from the experts of AskPCExperts.