How Can I Deindex Unwanted Pages from SERP?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by AquibSk123, Aug 30, 2016.

1. AquibSk123

AquibSk123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I searched my site with "site:xyz.com" method for checking how many of my website pages has been indexed in SERP their I saw many unwanted pages has been crawled by Google with same Meta description that will definitely hit my website in panda.
    Pages example: xyz.com/page1
    xyz.com/page2
    xyz.com/page3
    xyz.com/page4
    xyz.com/image
    xyz.com/mage

Please, how can I permanently fixed this issue reply soon.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before answering your question, I have three questions for you. What is the purpose of these pages, why do you want them de-indexed, and why do you have the same meta description on each page? Images do not have meta descriptions, unless the image itself is the only content on the page. Even then the page has a meta description, and the image has an ALT tag

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If you no longer want these pages in the index just delete them from your site. The meta description is irrelevant as it's not a ranking signal.

4. AquibSk123

AquibSk123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to de-indexed because all pages showing home page meta description and I think it will consider as a Duplicate and can be hit in panda update, and I don't know how its show the same content on all these pages.

For Image issue, I don't know how these Image separate pages have been created and showing in SERP.

5. AquibSk123

AquibSk123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What if I will Put the De-indexed sign in that particular Image pages and how much time it will take to get De-indexed from SERP.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Google won't consider it duplicate and you will not be hit in a Panda update. Images each have their own URL and can be indexed by google. If you are using WP then the images will each have their own page.

De-indexing will happen when Google re-indexes the site - it could be a few days or a few months.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why would you not know how pages were created on your own website? Anyway, if these are pages you do not want, follow fisicx's original advice - remove them from the server, and they won't be a problem anymore.

8. Avinash Gupta

Avinash Gupta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use No-Index No-Follow tag for preventing pages from displaying in SERP.

You can give permanent redirection (301) to main page but it will take time pass the link value.

9. towertech

towertech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

If you would like to remove your web URL from Google search index and you must use "remove URLs" - This option appears on Google webmaster tool under Google index option.

In that section you just need to enter your website URL so Google will "no index" them quickly.

Remember that Google will "no index" your page for temporary time. If you want it for permanently then you must update your source file.

I hope this information helpful for you.

All the best.

Thanks you

#9 towertech, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is multiple ways you can DEINDEX your urls from the serp I am describing some of them bellow:

1) You can use robots.txt to disallow robots to index it in the serp
    2) You can use web master tools(Search Console) for Removing url from the SERP
    3) You can use No index tag for removing it from the SERP
    4) you can use redirection methods like 301 or 302 for redirecting that particular URLs