How can I build traffic with Stumbleupon?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Bradleynova, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Fergal

uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Welcome back Brad. I have to admit that I haven't used Stumple Upon myself. But basically the idea is that the more "thumbs up" a link gets, the more popular it becomes, the higher it gets ranked and the more visitors / Stumbles it gets. It's exponential growth and many webmasters use rewards and exchanges to encourage people to stumble their site.
  2. Kay

uix_expand uix_collapse

Sep 29, 2008
    I have Stumbleupon sitting in my FireFox toolbar and I completely forget it's there most of the time but it has a certain appeal if you like surfing. The good thing about it is you can set your preferences and the stumbles you'll see are related to areas you've indicated an interest in.

So for example, if you like writing like me, anytime you decide to Stumble, you'll find other sites related to that the more you click the button. Which means you can hone your site's description, tags and category choice to best increase your chances of being seen by whoever your target audience is.

Other SU users have mentioned in their blogs about stumbling their own websites. The ones I read were being completely transparent about it in the description and telling people it was their own site. I've also seen some offering to trade "thumbs up" with each other. I'm not sure though whether these methods are frowned upon or worse by StumbleUpon.

It's been ages since I used it but I will pop by sometime soon and if anything's different, I'll report back. Basically it's like Fergal says. I think in a nutshell, you'll get out of it what you put into it like any site with a social slant to it where there's friend requests etc. :)

Don't blame me if you spend hours stumbling though! ;) It can be addictive.
  3. Bradleynova

uix_expand uix_collapse

Aug 27, 2008

Thanks everybody, stumbleupon certainly is addictive! If you are using it currently it would be really helpful if you go to my video site and give it a quick thumbs up and review if you want.

Thanks all!

More threads to come...