how can get more traffic on travel websites?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by yadavjohn, Apr 27, 2011.

1. yadavjohn

yadavjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how can get more traffic on travel websites. reply me.

2. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting traffic to any website follows the same seo routine work with difference being in its execution. Since you have a travel website, you can try showing rich content of the locations, travelling destinations in the form of articles, blogs and bookmarking.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

yadavjohn you could start off by making helpful posts / comments on travel related forums and blogs, whilst including a link to your site in your signature or profile.

What promotion have you been doing to date - have you done any on site SEO, link building, paid advertising, etc?

4. syed2011

syed2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best advice anyone can give is to Consult a SEO Professional:)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That would depend on the purpose of the site and the budget of the website owner. For example if the site in question is a hobby website and the owner doesn't have a budget to spend on SEO, they would be best advised to promote the website themselves. However, if it is a serious business website and the owner has a good budget to promote it, then your advice would be correct in most situations.

6. yadavjohn

yadavjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can i get more traffic on Travel Websites?

my site is indiatraveltours.net. how i get more traffic on this website.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Similar threads merged. yadavjohn did you look at the replies you have received in this thread?

• Like Like x 1
  8. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello @yadavjohn i would suggest you to find relevant forum and start a proper campaign there also write some good article and submit in popular article site i hope you will find a good result

9. David Hawke

David Hawke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The fastest way to get traffic is to either buy it, (Google Adwords, Yahoo Ads, Facebook ads, Linkedin ads, etc...) Then there is the standard article marketing, Forum posts. Surely there are travel forums, could you go to those forums, make a post and get traffic to your website? (Don't just go post an ad, give some quality information). And there is SEO, it works great but can take a while to start getting traffic, especially in highly competitive niches like travel.

10. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dear yadavjohn,

getting more traffic to a travel website requires the same tips and tricks of seo as any other website. The difference is only the content.
    Your website should contain the quality content regarding your travel destination. Include its catchy pictures in the website.
    You can produce articles regarding the tourism of the destination like its famous places to visit, travel guides, shopping scene, entertainment scene, cuisine, culture, or any other special aspect of the destination.
    You can have the blog of your site and you can have the posts like any recent activity regrading the tourism there.
    Moreover, blogs comments, forums posting are also the choices.
    For a travel website you have lots of lots of margin to produce content and ultimately bring the traffic.

Good Luck,

11. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi yadavjohn,

Alongside with above-mentioned suggestions, I would like to add you should also try Target Marketing. It allows you to narrow down the advertising to your target audience/market and the good thing is you do not waste your money on uninterested individuals when you use this campaign (like pay-per-click or ppc).

Hope this helps.

12. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like a bot.

13. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I looked at developing traffic for an inbound tours provider before, using SEO and it was an absolute nightmare. Main problem was the tour provider didn't really understand the key phrases that prospective clients would be typing in Google. Also, quite often there is just too much competition. In the end he ended up signing up with travel brokers like zicasso and now gets his business through there. The website is SEO'd and ranks well, but only for keywords that i thought would bring in business, but we get no leads. Like i say, the main problem was that he couldn't imagine what key phrases his customers might be typing in. Basically, he never really knew his market sufficiently enough to know how they think and speak.

14. Dod Niche

Dod Niche
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yadavjohn you could find relevance groups on facebook and twitter and advertise your site and service

15. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should have to find-out list of forums, blogs, bookmarking, classified ads and specially related to your travel related website. Because relevant sites will help you more to get your targeted customers. You can able to find some list here.

16. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One way is to identify all your competitors and go on alexa,com and see what keywords they are getting traffic for and then target those keywords using a backlink building campaign. Look at those competitors backlinks and see whether you got a cat in hells chance of competing with them on those keywords of course. Use Google Adwords external keywords tool to see whether these keywords are getting any searches also.

But that's only part of it because like someone else said on here, if you want to know more you have to either do the research yourself or pay for someone who has already invested in doing that research.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ruandahong

ruandahong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

free video eCourse

i have a free video eCourse for you
    Go to: myfirst3000 Dot com
    it's a video series that teach you how you can get web traffic

To Your Success
    RandyRuan

18. chengang

chengang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

post high quality content

19. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get traffic by advertising your website on websites & blog related to your industry. Advertise where you think your end customers will visit. Optimize your website for keywords that best match your industry, understand your customers better to make sure you are into the right direction. All the best!!

20. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to run a website that got 250 - 350 unique visitors per day. On a few days during the year I received 900 - 1,300 unique visitors per day. You can only go so far with SEO. Or should I say, SEO is only part of it. If you build the site correctly Google will find it with no problems. Normal static websites can only go so far. You need a website with a database and you need to know how to use the database so the website runs on it's own. Blogs are overrated as they only work if you keep finding new and unique information to put into them - that's if you even have the time to update them. It takes good programming, good ideas and a powerful database to gain visitors and keep gaining visitors.