How can choose the keywords for my new web title?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FIBC, Nov 9, 2013.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,I want to build a new web,the keywords are: PP woven bags,PP woven fabric, now I got one questions:

I used Google keyword tool, the results of these relevant and similar words:

Keywords Competition Search volume per month
    PP woven bags 0.68 8100

PP woven fabric 0.64 2900

PP woven 0.56 18100

PP woven, this word is lower competition and big search volume, however,its meaning is more broard than the two others.
    Moreover,I searched it in Google, search results are PP woven bags,PP woven fabric,polypropylene woven bags,polypropylene woven fabric,etc.,
    but most of competitors don't use "PP woven" as the title of hompage.

My question is: Can I use "PP woven" as my keyword for homepage title?

#1 FIBC, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. uthra

uthra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could use "PP woven" in your home page title.But do not insert only keywords in your title.Use some amount of description with your keywords in home page title. Because Google would give most preference to website title tag.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I hope you mean website, building a new web for one category of item might not work out as well.

When you use a broad term, you are going to get more searches, but many of them may not be looking for your particular product, so most of the traffic you get may be useless. That's why there is low competition. The more specific the search term, the more likely you will get traffic that is actually looking for what you sell. Therefore, you should look for a single term or phrase that describes, in general, what you sell, but is specific enough so that you get visitors that are actually looking for what you sell. You can then use more specific terms for interior pages.

4. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear, thanks a lot for your reply.
    However,if I choose the specific phrase such as "pp woven fabric", its search volume is very small(2900 per month in google), even it is specific,but it can't take more traffic.

5. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure you use the keyword for the right page. Remember that for product keywords, it is really important to use it to the relevant page as much as possible.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The question you need to ask yourself, then is, "How many of those 2900 actually buy 'pp woven fabric'? ". Are more people who search "pp woven" buying fabric, or are they seeing you don't have what they are looking for, and going elsewhere? If people find you under "pp woven", but only 500 actually buy, but of the people who find you under "pp woven fabric", 900 buy, wouldn't it be better to be listed under "pp woven fabric"?

Marrick makes a good point here. The keyword you us has to be relevant to the page content. the more relevant it is, the more likely visitors are to convert.

7. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget to add your products to the Google Merchants site if you have an AdWords account! A lot of people do their shopping through Google Products now.