How best to use Gmail Priority Inbox for better productivity

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Kay, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although I don't use Gmail myself much, I know lots of you do. This sounds like a very useful development.

The article shares tips on making the most of this option. http://mashable.com/2010/08/31/priority-inbox-tips/

2. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well never hear about gmail priority inbox. will definately go through this article.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's brand new rebecca16, that's why you haven't probably. :)

I have my own version of sorting for Outlook Express which I still use. I set up my message rules so the message titles have different colors when they come into my inbox. One color for clients, another for newsletters, another for family etc. It's great for when I have lots to go through to see at a glance which ones I need to attend to first. Admittedly it's rough but it works fine. :) I know, I know I'm a dinosaur.

4. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well Kay by looking at way you keep yourself updated i think i am a dinosaur. but this appears to be really a cool feature, it helps to easily see which emails to give priority too.

5. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think all of my mail accounts are google based at this stage, but I funnel them all through Thunderbird with similar settings to Kay in terms of organising out the mail. This is a handy tool for those who like to live in the cloud and not be tied to a single lappy/PC, a move that seems to be gathering more and more pace all the time. (Something I'm trying to move towards, but far slower than I should be)

For those using web based mail for most of their work, this recent blog post from Duct Tape Marketing might be of interest. It gives details of WiseStamp, a browser based plugin that makes setting up multiple signatures for the likes of gmail, yahoo mail, etc. a little easier.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

rebecca, I'm a dinosaur myself, trust me. It takes two minutes to set up in the Options. :)

I'm a slow mover on that front too Paul. My control freak side can't quite handle the idea of everything being handed over to the cloud yet. Wisestamp looks useful! Thanks for that. I've bookmarked it for when I have to give in to the inevitable. :)

7. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Priority Inbox is really for those who use their Gmail for everything. Since I only use it for receipts and documentation, as well as online business, I don't really get "spam" mail or mail that isn't important, so it doesn't affect me too much.

However, it's a nice tool and if used appropriately, it can help efficiency.

8. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to give it a try. I get a lot of emails on my Gmail account.

9. marchal04

marchal04
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

HI,

There are some ways to use Gmail Priority Inbox for better productivity:

1. Prioritize Filters
    2. Customize Sections
    3. Start With a Clean Slate
    4. Use Your “Inbox” for Folders
    5. Test Priority with Multiple Inboxes

Hope it will help to use Gmail priority Inbox!