How are these stats?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by agentmanningctu, Aug 14, 2010.

1. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not really a traffic expert.

Here is a picture with my blog's stats for the first four days. I'm just curious, good or bad?

2. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the first few days, it is ok although it depends how you got those hits and visitors. If you have used traffic exchanges then it is not as good compared to if they all came from advertising and promotion.

3. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't used traffic exchanges because 1) No one really looks at any websites and 2) I'm not planning on adding advertisements in the future.

Thanks Fowler.

4. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i use easyhits4U and i got about the same amount of unique hits in 2 days as your stats.
    But its true most of them don't look at the sites but some do and i got a few people registered to my free hosting thanks to that traffic exchange .

5. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on where you get this traffic. If it's mainly referral traffic, then that isn't great. You want to get as much organic (search engine) traffic as possible, as it shows you've optimized your site for search engines. The bandwidth seems a little high though. I have basically the same stats for a parked domain for about a week: 290 visitors, 447 visits but with a mere 21.54 MB of bandwidth. 240MB seems outrageous, so you may want to look at where it is being consumed and how you can prevent that.