How and where to Find Potential Business Partners?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bleepingdesign, Aug 7, 2013.

1. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to increase my network and reach to more and more businesses. This is only possible if I find good partners. I'm trying to find partners but don't where to find ? I tried linked in but I will need to work a lot to filter profiles to find the right person. I tried posting of criagslist no response.

Below are my ideas? Will they work?

1) Strategic Partnership

In this model, Bleeping Design will work with you in joint ownership mode for every client project. You will serve as front-end marketing and sales group and Bleeping Design will serve as the Graphic designing team to the clients for all projects.

Benefits
    You can pitch a higher price to the client, give Bleeping Design a part of it that was discussed and rest is yours
    You don’t require Graphic Designing knowledge
    We will provide banners for advertising.
    Other than internet, you can use your personal contacts to generate leads

OR

2) Reseller Partnership

In this model, you can represent Bleeping Design to market our services anywhere in the world. You get commission for every successful client project closure.

Benefits
    You earn 10% commission on every project above $40-$89.99 closed successfully
    You earn 15% commission on every project above $89.99 closed successfully
    You earn 20% commission on every project above $169.99 closed successfully
    You earn 25% commission on every project above $209.99 closed successfully

You don’t require Graphic Designing knowledge
    We provide banners for advertising.
    Other than internet, you can use your personal contacts to generate leads

Will my Ideas work? Will I ever be able to find a potential partner for my logo design business: Bleeping Design And where to find some good potential clients? Any good social networks or startups where people are willing to try new partners.

#1 bleepingdesign, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like the sound of your partnership ideas and feel that with a bit of work they could be successful for you and the relevant partners. The quality of your work is great and the fact that you are based in India will probably mean that you can offer quality work at a significantly lower cost than suppliers in Western countries.

Your "Reseller Partnership" sounds a bit like an affiliate program. One comment I would make is that a 10% commission sounds quite low, most affiliate programs offer higher commissions than that. Is there a reason you chose the 10% figure.

With regards to your " Strategic Partnership" model, would your partner need to create their own website to promote your graphic design services?

• Like Like x 1
  3. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Note: I have taken your suggestion into consideration and increased the commission percentage although my margin in some cases is equal to the affiliate.

The main reason I have set commissions in a specific manner is because I'm providing services at a very low price as compared to my competitors. For example my competitors are providing Logo, Business card and a letterhead at $199.99
    whereas I'm providing some extras like Facebook Timeline cover,twitter background, Google plus cover, YouTube cover along with logo, business card and letterhead. This is really cheap, you won't find such quality and low price else where.

In strategic partnership model, There is no need for the partner to create a website as such. The main advantage is that the partner can pitch a higher price to the client and earn huge profits from each sale. I will be only charging the list price that is mentioned on the website. Partner can pose as they if he/she is the logo/graphic designer while we work at the back-end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You mean the FB cover , Twitter background etc. are free with BC and letterhead package? You suggest the partner can quote higher prices but if your prices are in line with your competitor then quoting a higher price would not really help make a sale.

And about you working in the back end, without there own website how will a partner accept order and how will you be notified of a customers requirement?

5. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the basic package the client gets Free Standard Ad Banner along with the logo
    In the standard package the clients gets Free Standard Ad Banner , business card along with the logo'
    In the professional package the clients gets free standard ad banner , business card but others like Facebook Timeline Cover Custom Twitter Background YouTube Channel Cover Letterhead are not free. same applies to corporate package

My prices are really less as compared to my competitors.

To quote a higher price, you need not show my website to the client, You can pose as a designer and show some work samples via email. The client will pay you as they assume that you are the designer. Once the client makes the payment, you can then send it to me (as discussed) and I will work on the designs.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As you will know, there are lots of affiliate programs on the web. Hence, you face a lot of competition when a webmaster is deciding who to affiliate or partner with. My suggestion would be to make the process of partnering with you as easy and clear as possible. In that way a webmaster or service provide will view the process of partnering with you as a simple and straight forward one that can earn them money. Based on the above, I feel that you still have a little work to do in that area.

7. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may post your add on social networking sites with your norms and benefits..then put your email id there to contact you...

8. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feedback Fergal.

Any tips to make the process look simpler ? Should I increase the prices on my website as I think its really low right now or should I wait till I get good amount of orders ?

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

That's a pretty common practice. It rarely works on Facebook. Do you know any good start-up business community where people would be in my target niche.