How about this product? need help

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by descorpio, Sep 18, 2008.

1. descorpio

descorpio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

Currently am building an application which i have named it as virus free information flash engine. The feature is that it will make you access the internet without the browser so that your computer will be virus free. I try to build application based on the search engine concept and will access the data required by you and will give it to you on the application that i have builded. But flashy and picture content will be blocked my application.

What do you think about this?

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Speaking as a regular user of the internet, I often visit sites with a lot of pictures and videos in it. As most people know, youtube is one of the most visited websites in the world today so those users will also forgo your application. With your application, it would be like going back to the days when the computer just started. At that time, you can only write text on the computer and no pictures.

By the way, do you have any specific target market/audience for your flash application descorpio?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do browsers provide the option to block out images and videos etc?

4. jackmcmanus21

jackmcmanus21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its risky w/o pictures and flash, but it could be useful

5. Zantetsken

Zantetsken
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aren't you just creating another browser? How would it be any safer than another browser? I've never received a virus just for looking at a website; the only times I've had them was when I downloaded (as in specificially saved to my computer) a bad file from a website.

I know you can do that with Firefox. You can block images from specific hosts and there's a plugin that allows you to block Flash files. I think every video I've seen on the internet was converted to some kind of Flash format (YouTube, Google Video, Veoh, etc.), so, in other words, it blocks videos.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For images with FF, it's in Tools>Options>Content> uncheck Load Images Automatically.

For the plugin, I think it's the NoScript one. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722