How about changing domain?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by James12smith, Nov 15, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everybody,

I would like asked you about the impact of changing domain of an old website, because it's not good choosen. And also it contains many problems. So if i start by changing his domain it will be positif or negatif on SREP?

Thanks for advance.

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There will be positive results on SERP if you choose a good domain which matches to the content or what basically you are building.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why was the chosen domain not a good one? What is it about it that makes it bad? Are the problems with the domain, or the website? If the problems are with the website, changing the domain will not help. Im also not sure what point devilbatista is making, because the domain does not have to match the content - The only way this could make a difference is if you have a specific type of website - for instance, because this website is a forum, the domain name contains the word "forum". Other than that, perhaps the domain can match your company name. Although it can have something to do with the content, it really wouldn't help the SERP results much.

4. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What problems have you seen? If the domain has lots of problem, I think it's a good choice to start off with fresh domain.