Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Navida, Apr 12, 2012.
Please share your views and experience:
Be adaptable, well rounded and be known for something huge are the 3 factors that help any team to be STRONG :applaud:
leadership, knowledge, strong practical and communication skill.
A good leader is a good follower. I think it does explains it all.
Boosts Morale, the most obvious benefit is also the hardest to measure. A poor leader can make any worker miserable, and miserable workers don't do their jobs well. Having your leaders be well trained and intentional in how they lead will have an immediate impact on the work environment, which leads to a snowball effect of positive outcomes. Though morale seems like an abstract, that doesn't mean that the results aren't noticeable.
Listen, ask questions, motivate & encourage, loyalty, honesty, integrity => attitude! ,knowledge, expertise, step up - don't be afraid to go against the flow.
Hiring the rite team force. Most leader fail because they hiring incapable worker.
A leader's job is to create the mission; and secondly, to get people to work for it. We've seen the best business leaders do this - whether the mission be customers, technology, markets, social or otherwise.
A leader needs to know his team before he can really lead. He needs to know their individual skills and what motivates them as individuals. The he needs to fit the pieces together and get them working as one team.
A good leader should be a strong personality, first of all. He should be a born leader.
As a leader, first, he would be competent. Only by this, can he make his team members convinced. Then, communication is also very important. A good leader can be a strong leader when on duty as well as a good friend of his team members when off duty. Esteem can plays an important role as well. Respecting members can earn members' respect.
A good leader can control, motivate people, educated and have a lot of knowledge in leadership.
Be humble. It doesn't help you if you keep on telling them that you are the leader or a much higher person to your team.
Respect their opinions and views. Be respectful of what they think. It might also help you grow as a good leader.
Be Fun. Eventhough it's work, keep the environment fun.
First of all, I think a leader should realize and internalize that he is a leader, not a boss. A boss is someone who says, "do this" while a leader is someone who says, "let US do this". A leader should know that he/she is not above his/her members, just that he/she is needed to direct the progress of the team.
Second, a leader must know his/her team members. He/she must know the capacities, skills, attitudes, and goals of each team member. With this he/she can lead them in an intimate, motivational, and humane way.
A leader is also not a leader unless he/she has a clear vision of the team's goals. He/she should be the one to push the team towards that goal and it will not happen if the leader himself is not decided on where to go.
Other must-haves: expertise on the field, people-skills, confidence (you cannot allow your team members to run you around), firmness, and even self-discipline.
You should note one thing while dealing with your team is the people who are in your team may not get fully trained as you want. The reason is that no one is perfect for the job so the team management always work in the 20% - 80% ratio. It means the 80% people in your team always the the average people who complete their work but not up to mark as you wish. And the remaining 20% people are the key people in your team. You have to concentrate on those people for improving your leadership. The best leader called best when he is moving ahead with their team. so try to help your team members with motivation and achieve your desired success.
Do you mean that you should only focused on the key people on your team? I don't think that it's fair to look like that. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. As a leader, you should balance and play with their strengths and improve their weaknesses that in the future they wouldn't mind that it's their weakness.
hey, All your team members to be commited to the tasks they perform, Each member should feel valued, and they should also be rewarded for their hard work. I am working in govt. job and there i use to do this tricks and it works in govt sector is getting better professionally, i think we all should try in (secure) sector
A leader has the responsibility of bringing the entire team together. Every person is most likely skilled at what he does, but it’s the leader which brings out the best in each of them.
By identifying ability of his individual mates and pushing them to perform 110%.
A good leader is always a bad guy of a team since he has to keep his team together.