How’s your brain functioning?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Believe it or not we typically don’t think about the things we do and how it affects our brain. The brain being a huge asset, I do my best to insure it’s in tip top shape, what about you?

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, sometimes thinking too much can harm our brain. I try not to think much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its said that the more you use the cells of the brain, the more you become intelligent. But yes certain amount of relaxation is also necessary that is a sleep of about 6-7 hours ...

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My brain feels sluggish if I have drank too much on the previous nights, if I haven't had enough sleep, if I've had too much sleep or if I've been eating junk food. Hence, I try to avoid those situations in an effort to get the most from my brain. I also find it difficult to think effectively if I become too stressed. I avoid stress by exercising, writing lists and focusing on one task at a time.

How do you do that, any tips?

5. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6 to 7 hours of sleep is important. If drinking at night, take a glass of lemon juice (mixed in water) in the morning. Tea is also good to have in the morning. Avoid smoking and do some exercise. You can stop as soon as some sweating happens (It improves blood circulation resulting into sending of more oxygen to brain cells). Eat green leafy vegetables to get Mg+ ions. Keep a book of good jokes with you always. Watch comedy movies or anything that makes you laugh. make your face smiley. Always try to smile as if someone is ready to click your picture. Believe and always believe that you look the best when you smile. Listened or came across something that upsets your mood, instantly listen the song you love most, you can also listen Jazz and think about someone ;) Think about something that makes you feel happy. You can think a face of the most beautiful and laughing child. You can sing a favorite song while listening to that. Love yourself and everyone. feel you are the most lucky person on this Earth. You are the best.

Do this for 22 days continuously once in your lifetime of 80 to 90 years and see the difference. I guarantee! you will never have stress. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to do some correction in my last post.
    As I said about sleeping hours time, it depends on the age of the person. Find below the details about sleeping hours per night for people of different ages. I got this information from Cods india...
    View attachment 1903

• Like Like x 1
  7. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My brain felt tired if I work too much and do more study and than I just take rest by closing my eyes.

8. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our mind is like a machine, so it also needs rest after working for hours. In addition of work there are many things we do but don't think about their good or bad effects. For example watching tv, talking too much on phone and listening to much music make our mind feel tired. So we should be careful about such activities. Mostly we think a lot or otherwise our mind always keeps wandering in unwanted and irrelevant thoughts. This habit of ours and mind also harms our mind. To tackle with such habits we should do meditation. Mostly I concentrate on my breath and try to watch my thoughts. This technique helps me a lot in relaxing my mind.

9. isisplinfo

isisplinfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To Get My Brain Functioning Up To Date, I always make sure; using it properly and not taking it for granted. Yes, by saying not taking it for granted means, I give enough relaxation to my brain by sleeping (6-7 hours), I also make sure that i do some brainstorming and Craft activity that I like. For soothing, I play music.

And At Last I thank God for giving me good health and happiness as a part of acknowledgement to almighty God.

10. JackT333

JackT333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i don't know how to brain function.