Hosts

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Matt, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you own a hosting site? If so, how long did it take you to get enough clients to earn a comfortable earnings? I heard that new hosting sites take a while to get a good amounts of clients which I don't doubt.

2. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A new hosting site requires minmum one year to expand their business.The main thing is hosting prices should be low,customer support,uptime.If you are starting then you should be already a member in several webmaster and webhosting forums.If you are already member then it is easy to promote since several will trusts from the reputation and posts.
    I suggest to make friends and give them for promotion etc.Its hard for any business but for hosting business It will take more time and get feedback from cutomers

3. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In reality, there are not many (if any) new hosting sites that do succeed. The market is filled with giants such as DreamHost, BlueHost, Servint and MediaTemple (just to name a few). It's exactly like Search Engines, Web Browsers and Operating Systems companies.

4. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree with you. I see many new hosts that pop up everyday but then they shut down within the next week. I think that is part of the reason new hosts rarely succeed...many people don't trust new hosts because of that.

5. mikewashtm

mikewashtm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will be a while to get your ROI. It would also depend on your niche and marketing tactics to attract unique visitors. Feel free to try some and see what works best for you. [​IMG]

6. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In 2013, celebrity Hulk Hogan launched a web hosting company called Hostamania. He leveraged his fame to get the media's attention and spent a lot of money advertising the new web host and at that time it appeared like the venture would be successful. A year or two later when they realized they couldn't compete against the "big boys" they merged with a relatively unknown webhost.

On the global stage it would be impossible to compete against the established web-hosting giants but that doesn't mean someone who wants to start a web hosting business will fail. Think local. Promote your web-host in your City/town and afterwards [once you start making some money] expand your business to other cities in your State