Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Matt, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are some of the things you look at when you are looking for hosting? I mainly look at the price, up time, and support. I am curious to know what types of things other people look at :p

2. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Support is my priority to be honest, we use Register365 for our forum and the support has been great so far.

What about you?

3. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The support is just a back up to if things go wrong. If everything is good, you won't need any support! :D

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Capacity and price to choose the suitable package, then look for their support and read some review
    That's all

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Reliability in terms of uptime is very important. No point in going with a host that has a lot of downtime.

6. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality (uptime) and support must be good.

G!

7. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

uptime above 99.9% and longevity

8. John Dale

John Dale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

You need to be sure that your website is uploaded through secure servers using the latest Operating System. Most web hosts run on a UNIX based operating system, usually Linux or BSD. For the running of various web applications you would require ASP, .NET, MS SQL, SBS and for these you need a Window based host.

9. yacmina

yacmina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whenever you visit a website, what you see on your web browser is essentially just a web page that is downloaded from the web server onto your web browser. In general, a web site is made up of many web pages. And a web page is basically composed of texts and graphic images. All these web pages need to be stored on the web servers so that online users can visit your website.Therefore, if you plan to own a new website, you will need to host your website on a web server. When your website goes live on the web server, online users can then browse your website on the Internet. Company that provides the web servers to host your website is called web hosting providers.

10. bhatnaashish098

bhatnaashish098
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hosting Company

My first priority is support . whenever i choose hosting company i search for the best support. I never goes on the costing of the hosting company. i always finalize the hosting company according to your support.

11. aapkae

aapkae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Capacity and price to choose the suitable package, then look for their support and read some review
    That's all

12. WhatNow292

WhatNow292
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Price is important. You do not want to spend a lot of money for hosting that is mediocre, nor do you want to spend money if a free host will fit your needs.
    How much storage is the host offering? You’d be surprised at how hosts offer so many different amounts of storage space. Find a good balance between storage and the other features, to get your money’s worth of the hosting.
    How reliable is the host? Do their servers crash all of the time? How often and how long are outages? Do you get a refund for the time the servers are down?

13. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually follow the following priority order!!
    1. Price- Price is a very important. Anything out of your budget is useless.
    2. Specs- You need appropriate space and bandwidth.
    3. Support & Uptime- Support is really necessary, in case of any problem.

Do read a few reviews about the host before actually taking another step forward. A flop company even with good support is still a flop show!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. anusha

anusha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A web hosting service is one type of Internet hosting service which allows the individuals and organizations to make their own website accessible via the World Wide Web or internet. A Web host is the business of providing server space, providing Web services and file maintenance for Web sites controlled by individuals or by companies that do not have their own Web servers

15. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it's:

1. Reliable after sales support
    2. wide variety of packages to choose from at competitive prices

16. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice.
    What do you think reasonable for you when signing up for a web hosting account divyun ?

17. webhost

webhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before choosing a best web hosting company we have to look at Working of company on proposals is often an intimidating part of the process for new freelancers, so they will take a look at some things that we can do to improve the effectiveness of our own proposals for client projects.I found a one of the best company that is providing a very good custom needs. www.hostingraja.in It is reliable web hosting company, it is also providing more services like logo design, website design, web development etc..

18. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really quite interesting since I'm planning to have my blog hosted. I'm really new to this and I'm actually looking for a certain hosting company that has a lot of good feedbacks.

19. webhost

webhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before you choose a hosting plan from a web hosting company, it would be wise to ensure that their customer support team is worthy. You can find out how well equipped the support team. Making sure your concerns are dealt with before choosing a web hosting plan will give you the opportunity to test the competency of the customer support team. If you contact the customer support and the person on the phone seems clueless, then you may want to consider another company.

20. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can we ensure that the customer support are worthy?