Hosting in home countries?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by JPM, Oct 16, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does it make a different to the load time of visitors if your site is hosted in the country whereby most of your visitors reside?

For example, would it be a quicker load time for Irish visitors if the site was hosted in Ireland?

2. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The closer the physical location, the faster the site will load. It matters a lot on connection, too.

I think if you are in say America, and you host it in Ireland, then the ping would be greater. I say that your best bet is to host it in the country you're in or a country close to yours.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Something I never actually knew in all honesty.

So, for example, if I host a site in the US - potentially it would be slower for me than for a visitor in the US?

4. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm interesting question, I have hosts in the UK 9 where I am based, but now my hosting is done from the USA ( Hawkhost), I think a lot more depends on the server speed and the visitors connection than the geographical location.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not a huge difference, but to my knowledge, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jessica-SYS

Jessica-SYS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JPM,

Location of a server does impact on how quickly a site is served, though it's one of many factors. More important is how well a server is managed, how well the hardware matches the server's general function and the quality of the network on which the server is located.

But all other factors being equal, geographic location is certainly a factor to consider.

Jessica

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pedro

Pedro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well , having servers near you could make a difference in the speed how you are served, for example as now i only sell web hosting located in Germany , my clients portfolio are mainly from Europe.

By experience with servers in the States at some hours of the day the connection becames a bit slow.

#7 Pedro, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally hosted in local country is much more faster, we take office LAN as example it run with super speed. Due to far distance and high Ping from 1 country to another country, IDD call rate also different.

Now a day, we wont feel so much different because IT infrastructure is keep improving.

9. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say it does not matter where your server located it depends on the service of hosting provider you can get hosting from any country if some one needs hosting form USA then i would recommend to choose vpswebserver.com

10. Nicosage

Nicosage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some people says that Google use the server's location to organize SERP, is it true ? If so you have to chose an hosting solution in the country where your customers leaves...

11. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For this Google will consider your IP, so if you did not manage to host your website within your geographical area, at least you should go for the local IP series assigned for your local are.

12. Raptor

Raptor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is interesting, how much difference is it normally? I never actually new it made that much of a difference. If a site is hosted in the UK, it seems pretty to close to the loading time if it was hosted in the US(where I live).