Honest Question For You ... What Makes You Decide To Leave A Website/Blog?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by amwarner, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess the point I'm getting at is, at what point do you say “I’m done with this” and click on the back button? Is it something in particular that makes you decide to move on?

I'd be interested to see what you're reasons are.

My main reason would be if the website isn't loading. I'm "somewhat" of a patient person but if I have to sit there longer than 20 seconds (10 seconds more than most people), I'm clicking the back button. No questions asked.

How about you?

#1 amwarner, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That was the first thing I thought of when I read your question. If a website is loading slowly I will navigate away from it pretty quickly, If I see a Flash download percentage starting to increase I generally leave the site straight away.

Patience is not one of my strong points :) and there is so much content on the web that I have no willingness to wait for any one particular site to load.

3. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a patient person if it's something that I want to read based off the title of the post. But if it goes beyond that 20 second mark, I'm gone.

Yes, slow load times are definitely a hassle.

4. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with all, Yes it is annoying of website takes to open more than 20 seconds then I also move to other website and if content of website is boring then I will also close it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually I'm a very patient people, but in times of waiting a website that doesn't loading I think its time to leave and don't waste time to wait for it. Fix it before its to late I think there's still a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Gordon

James Gordon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The loading time of a website makes me to move from one site to another site.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Same answer, if the page loads too slow, I go searching for a new one.
    2. If the page does not have what I am actually looking for.

Usually, the most common reason why users leave a page is due to slow page load.

Regards,
    Mark

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arizona

Arizona
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll leave a website that is just in my face trying to sell to me from the second I arrive... I'm not interested in that, if I want to buy something I'll go to where I know and trust. A pop up that instantly screams GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL SO I CAN SPAM YOU is a major turn off as is a site that has no real theme, i.e. you follow a link there to look at a post but end up in the middle of the jungle of content with no real flow to it, like the site doesn't know what it should be talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm, we almost have the same answers actually, haha.. The Site speed, the content, the design, the ads, and a lot more.. But, unless I'm really curious of the site, I sometimes wait for it to load.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I also hate sites that load and immediately an ad pops-up. If I have a valid reason for visiting the site, such as an article I want to read, I'll close the pop-up, but otherwise I'll just leave. One of my other peeves is sound or video that immediately starts playing when I visit the site. As far as the sound, there is an easy way to fix that - keep the speakers turned off. As long as I remember that, the video is just as easy - scroll past it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Site speed seems to be a major one that we're all in agreement with.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Great points, Arizona. Are you against ALL popups then?

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I hate those video or audios that you can't even press the button to pause it. It automatically plays through. I'll leave a site for that.

12. OakMarkLondon

OakMarkLondon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me the worst thing is when you start reading the article and popups start popping then is no go for me

13. MikePeterson

MikePeterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mostly I leave any website when it takes lots of time for loading. It is the worst situation to wait for opening a site page. Some times also I don't stay on a website if it not looks effective. In my opinion effectiveness of a site is also very important.

14. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly, what matters is the speed of the blog, then layout and then content. If layout is very bad than no one will read the content, in order to attract the visitors and to decrease the bounce rate of your blog.

15. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First thing I always look in for a website is its Loading Speed, then its interface, and the most important part is content must be unique.

16. gurgaonhousing

gurgaonhousing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

some websites have many advirtise,for simple validation many popups,and wrong placed css,java script coding.these issues make the websites unconsiderable.
    so ,these reasons make us decide leave websites.

17. Domolino

Domolino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing it's more important now days than patience and good and hard work. Probably most of the people want fast results and that's one major problem. We forgot how to do nice things and on long run to get the best results. I would first improve design. Most of our clients leave our "house" when they see that our house is not nice. Speed and the other aspects probably have less weight. But when you see a bad website, probably you are not interested anymore if the speed is good or bad.

18. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Slow load speed and a messy theme or site that can not be easily understood would make me leave a site very quickly

19. user2837

user2837
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't stand pop up ads, especially ones that request email signups. I also tend to shy away from websites with flashy animations or videos that load automatically.

20. ecohomes

ecohomes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to admit that everybody goes to loading issue first time. Well here what happens to me. I had to upload online a request to the financial administration and their site was probably having some issues, traffic and I had to wait 1 hour or more to do it. Trust me when you really need to do something you STAY and wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.