Home security

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by BenPopi, Dec 23, 2008.

1. BenPopi

BenPopi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Home security systems in India are becoming smarter and more reliable. As various types of electronic security devices keep coming in Indian market, It is fast becoming easy and affordable to tighten the safety net around Flat Tripunithura or any residential places and commercial complexes situated anywhere in Cochin. The development in technology and its successful implementation in designing a range of security equipments have completely changed the scene of home security systems in India. Now, it becomes easier to ensure safety at home while you are away. With the development of Bluetooth and infra red technology, most of the security equipments are now being made available in wireless mode. Although priced higher than the normal category, wireless security cameras, sensors, alarms and accessories are getting popularized. These wireless security solutions are easy to install and help you look after your home even when you are not at the place. These devices are handy and can be installed in any kind of home, be it a big mansion or a small apartment.

Home security systems can be categorized into various components, such as
    • Access control security systems
    • Video surveillance systems
    • CCTV monitoring systems
    • Door entry alerts
    • Fire alarm systems
    • Security alert systems

Builders and housing boards in India are leaving no stone upturned, the gap between demand and supply of residential accommodations, particularly in bigger cities is widening. This puts a pressure on the segment of house rentals and we find house rents soaring, quite frequently, to newer levels in every category. The growing population of the country and demographic shift towards urban areas are also playing their parts in aggravating the scenario of housing rental in most of the cities.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In most countries, I think that security is a must especially in urban areas. With the rising population and most people from rural areas migrating to the cities, the number of unscrupulous individuals like thieves and criminals will also likely to increase. That's why security systems are very important.

You're right. With the increasing demand for houses and flats in cities and also with the extra cost for installing home security systems, housing and flat rental have no where to go but up.

3. iamjohns

iamjohns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

home security is a great way to have child safety and adult safety as well , its usually sold in home depot , walmart , and sam's club or there are many companies that install it with company logo ana trademark

4. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An apartment in our complex was broken into the other day. So now our landlord has installed CCTV cameras all over, hired security personel to patrol our building and added new safety locks to all the doors. I'm feeling pretty secure right now.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's great that your landlord took the break in so seriously. Most landlords would probably not go to that expense after a break in. It's good to know that he cares so much about his tenants and his building.

It probably makes good business sense for him to, the last thing he wants is for the property to become run down or to have empty apartments because people have security concerns regarding living there.

6. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's just as well, because I love my apartment. I would hate to move but if me or my wife didn't feel safe then we would have no option. The neighborhood that we live in is great, I'm in the middle of Bangkok but I can go fishing right outside and fly my helis in the apartments grounds. I would dread having to move again seen as though I have already moved 6 times since arriving in the city 3 years ago.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds idyllic, looks like you've landed on your feet.

8. Mynameis...

Mynameis...
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree, violence and crime rate is increasing more and more on these days, as if we are living in jungle or something, but technology is here to rescue us. This is why we should have a home security equipments, so as to protect ourselves from the vicious wildness of the human being.

9. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I have pics on Facebook and I added you as a friend, so you can check them out. While I'm in Bangkok we will stay in this place, if we move back to SA then there are loads of nice places to choose from.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Having a burglar alarm on your house is very reassuring. If a noise wakes you up at night, it's a lot easier to get back to sleep if you have an alarm on and are secure in the knowledge that there is no one at your house.

Looks beautiful, marble floors & a balcony onto the river, lovely.

11. kingmurtaza196

kingmurtaza196
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

I am not sure whether Burglar Alarms are a good choice though I have got 3 security Guards 2 at night, 1 during the day for my safety! I have go a big home & I can't place an Alarm every where! It's hard for me to do so !

12. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal :) I didn't take pics of the Kitchen and Balconies because that's where I hid all the junk while I took the pics of the 2 living areas.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Must be a very big house, I'd imagine that any reputable alarm company could do the job for you, and it would be a lot cheaper than hiring security guards.

Who protects you against the security guards?

14. kingmurtaza196

kingmurtaza196
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the house is built at 2 acres ! The guards are all Army men with a Guarantee so I don't think there is any problem with it ! Alarm Companies here in Pakistan are quite expensive & the Private Security Guard Companies ain't reliable so we have to hire our own Guards & have to give them Ammunition ! each Guard costs around $100 each month.

15. iamjohns

iamjohns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

$100 that's not big money for guard . do you think two guard can do the job

16. AlpinNirav

AlpinNirav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A dog would help as well. Also, make your home uninviting to robbers, including planting spiney bushes right under your windows, don't advertise your home to robbers by leaving curtains open or valuables out, remove spare keys if left outside the house (under a mat, in a fake rock).

17. kingmurtaza196

kingmurtaza196
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well we are in Pakistan if it had been usa or uk the normal pay of guard is about 3000 to 8000 us $.

Thats why I love my country:D:cool:

18. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed. But there are of course advantages and disadvantages of these security systems and/or business alarm systems. As we all know the most popular security system available is the security camera which is available as two different types - wireless and wired. The most important and obvious advantage of this security system is that it does not have any wires and therefore does not require any wiring, which of course in turn is easy to install almost anywhere you choose. Which means, the wireless camera security system is extremely versatile. Another great feature of it is that it is motion sensitive and thus, will not miss anything that moves within its range. However, one of the wireless camera security system's disadvantage is that it has a fixed range of function ability and therefore restricted in that department. The other disadvantage of the wireless camera security system is that some wavelengths can interfere with its visuals such as, wireless internet connections and at times dish antennas.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They are very simple and practical tips. A dog is very helpful, it's bark is often enough to blow a would be burglar's cover and send him running.

Would spiney bushes really help to deter a burglar? I suppose anything that makes his life more difficult is good for the homeowner.

20. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Home security system are very important now a days. They play a very important role in each and every person who wants to protect their homes from burglars or their lives and wants to have a peace of mind. Especially in our generation, crimes including theft is very rampant. So we really need to invest on home security systems. I agree with Fergal, having a dog is also helpful. I once read this joke online about scaring the burglars away with a note posted outside the door.

" Dear Joe and Katie, I am out to buy some grocery items for dinner. Do not wake the pit bulls inside the house. Because they were so tired after attacking the postman this morning. I saw blood, the poor man's shoes and a small piece of human flesh. Just wait for me outside because I haven't feed them yet today, I'm sure they are all hungry. Love daddy"

Makes sense? It does right?:)

Here's another one:

This is a true story of a Garage Owner in the Southwest.

He was sick & tired of thugs breaking into his garage shop to steal tools etc. So he came up with this idea…. He put the word out that he had a new “Mexican Lion” at the shop that would attack anyone who tried to break in or climb his fence. The would-be thieves saw the “Lion” from a distance and fled the scene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But if you look closely, it's a dog and not a lion!

Ingenious guy!