Home loan??

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by petmeadow, May 2, 2011.

1. petmeadow

petmeadow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my house is worth about $550k.. My credit score is 559 right now, due to my excessive credit card and student loan debt.. nothing has ever been late, it's just that i have excessive amounts of these debts.. i make about $2,600 dollars a month, and i'm wondering if i will be able to get a home loan for about $100k so that i can pay everything off.. (my house is 100% paid off).. will i have a problem getting this home equity loan?? should i even both applying or should i just wait until i pay down my credit cards more?? advice anyone?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

petmeadow, this is the third question you've asked regarding securing a loan. Each of your questions suggests that your financial situation is very different, is there a reason for that?

3. creditreport

creditreport
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having so many cards has affected your credit score. Your score is not good. For a favorable interest rate on the home loan, you should have credit score higher than 720. With your credit score, you might get home loan with interest rates 3-4% higher than rates given to a person with a score of 720 or higher. Know more at http://www.creditreport.com/creditscores/creditratings/what-is-credit-score.aspx.