Hiring New Sales Manager

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Alexishost, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My expectation
    I Plan about hiring new sales manager. My expectation is not much. I just want him/ her - the new sales manager to be able to double our sales each year.

Advice
    I am happy to receive your advice , what quality to look for potential sales manager - in your opinion- to meet my expectation?

Thanks!
    Be well in happiness and fulfillment.

2. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Good people skills, important in managing and motivating a team, as well as being good with potential business clients.

2. Organised and eager to succeed, someone who gets personal satisfaction out of doing well, i.e. who will just want to do the best they can themselves, rather than having to be forced to produce the best.

3. Don't be overly-impressed by a CV. There are always questions on how authentic CVs are. An interview however is different. It might be better to take someone pleasant and efficient and willing to learn, rather than someone who has a great CV (on paper) but has a big ego.

4. Enthusiasm is one of the most important things to measure whilst doing the interview. How enthusiastic and positive will this person be in delivering the levels of sales you wants. Measure that whilst speaking to them. Go for someone passionate and who is eager for the job, rather than someone who thinks he/she is doing a favour by giving you the chance to employ him/her.

If you have more specific questions please ask.

This is a very important question and this person would be the leader of the team in probably the most important aspect of the business.

Good luck!

- Jahan.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with finding the right person Alexishost. Where will the position be based?

the target of doubling sales is quite ambitious, have you analysed this with a view to being sure that it is achievable and realistic?