Hiring a Financial Analyst for Training Purposes

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by MrEazyRider, May 30, 2014.

1. MrEazyRider

uix_expand uix_collapse

Apr 3, 2013

I'm in the process of taking over the family business and need a little advice on how to get up to speed on the finance portion of the company. I have a pretty solid foundation about our company, management, operations, etc., but one thing that I know almost nothing about is the financial side of things.

What I want to do is hire a financial analyst to take a look at our finances and offer advice, but above all, train me about how to analyze the company's finances. I had planned on taking classes at the local state college on finance, but decided that it would not get me up to speed fast enough.

Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions on hiring an analyst or how to get up to speed faster?

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dec 28, 2011
    Remember that you cannot do it all by yourself - so hiring someone to help you in terms of controlling your company finances is a good idea - but make sure that you hire a person not just to train and teach you but also to guide you all throughout your business venture.