High Energy Foods

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Can anyone recommend any good, healthy, high energy snacks for between meals? I favour fruit, yoghurt and sometimes a cup of soup when it's cold.

Do you have any suggestions for snacks that are healthy and will give you an energy boost?

2. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh yeah!
    I prefer to eat sandwiches or other snacks before having lunch or dinner.I avoid oily food/snacks.I drink lot of juices which boosts my energy level.
    I can suggest you to have a good breakfast in the morning and glass of milk without "sugar"
    It will surely help you.You can have fruit juice in mean time which will energize your body.
    Don't ever drink artificial fruit juices!...... instead prefer raw fruits.

3. sarahFreder

sarahFreder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

usually i prefer to take juices, fresh vegetable salad and sandwiches as a energizer between meals. if you like you can also go for sandwiches or fruit salad or vegetable salad, as per your wish. because all the three are natural one and good for health.

4. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

any health drink, fruit juice in-between meals is the best health food. If not juice, can eat any fruits. I avoid oily foods, and sandwiches! Also, taking more of proteins give you a fuller feeling and energy!
    Avoid heavy meals in lunch and dinner time! take light snacks between meals!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Fruit juices certainly appear to be the most popular choice.

6. rachael24

rachael24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fruit juices are good...but can be loaded with sugar, and cause some problems in the long run. I would drink them, but sparingly

7. Redandgold

Redandgold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Or you could go another way and instead of having three main meals each day have six mini-meals. Or go further and just graze all day - which should keep your energy constant and relieve the need for energy boosts.

8. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all depends on your energy needs and the amount of calories you burn daily.
    I, an athlete of basketball, use to drink Powerade on afternoons after training and flakebars between meals.
    However, for some with normal activities and regular energy consumptions juices are good for between meals.
    Yoghurt also can be eaten at evenings as it's quite light!
    However, if you really need to know exactly what to chose, i can help(you'll have to check the calories you spend etc) my girlfriend is a...don't know how it's called in english..studies nutritionologist?:S
    (People who help you choose diets etc)

See you!

9. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what about protein drinks? are they good source of energy or just muscle building stuff?

having something (a light snack or two) between meals is also known to be good energy giver and a weight control scheme!

10. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually i think i've heard that protein supplements is not suggested, as extra protein may be stored as fat in your body. I'm not 100% sure though.

11. King Justice

King Justice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I drink coffee every morning before I start my day's online workload. Caffeine really helps, as it wakes me up and allows me to concentrate.

I also found that Monster energy drink is very effective in association with waking you up and making you concentrated.

I hope my suggestions help you, even though they are drinks, they are very effective.

If you want "brain food", as in snacks, I would suggest eating fish - tuna preferably.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Caffeine is great for giving you a short burst of energy and I drink coffee myself. I'm not so sure that it is worth it in the longer term though, it's not exactly the healthiest drink in the world.

13. digitalconfusion

digitalconfusion
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanoz, I believe you are correct. I've heard that before as well, and protein supplements aren't "SUPPOSED" to be used unless you're going to be working out or running etc, because if you use a protein supplement and then you just are on the computer most of the time and hardly do anything. Then you will be just gaining fat and would be just adding fat to your body. Which isn't good and wouldn't be recommended. I hope I helped anyone. Thank you.

14. stevo2393

stevo2393
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey I am a swimmer and before my races I have to eat foods to give me boosts of energy. First thing is to know that when you eat foods like this is that when its done giving the burst it just takes away all the energy. It is always good to eat of meats during the day to help the ribosomes build your body some protien. But anyway some good foods I eat are:

Bananas or apples
    Yogurt
    almondes/walnuts
    Turkey sandwiches
    Popcorn (this isnt the healthiest snack)

15. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best tip to boost your energy is not to skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you're tired, eating bananas is one of the best ways in supplying energy to the body. Chocolate bars are also a good source of energy but eat sparingly because chocolates are fattening.

16. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Nazreen. Chocolates are good source of energy but it can make you fat if you take it too much. Fruits like Apple, Banana, Orange are also good fruits to give a lot of energy.

17. greybell

greybell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd suggest a cup of curd or butter milk during the hot summer days