Hidden Meanings Behind 8 Famous Logos

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Oct 15, 2009.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently found this great article about famous logos and graphical designs of some companies. Honestly, I just understood them just now.

Here they are:
    1. Carrefour
    [​IMG]
    Others who aren't familiar with this might see this as just two arrows pointing on different directions. If you try and find the letter "C", you will be surprised that there is indeed a letter "C" in the logo. I personally admit that I've never seen the letter C before and just thought that this was just another company logo.

2. FedEx
    [​IMG]
    Most people already know this but, it's still worth mentioning here since this blog is about logos. For the benefit of those who doesn't know, concentrate your attention on the letters "E" and "x". The white space those 2 letters create, form an arrow pointing to the right side. This signifies forward or moving forward and this is what their comapny does.

3. Amazon
    [​IMG]
    Another creative logo. Amazon is an online retailer that sells books, video games, toys, music, video recordings and more. They sell almost everything. The logo has this arrow pointing from A to Z. This signifies that they sell everything from A to Z. This also appears as a smiley for those who aren't familiar with it. I am not sure though if their service is with a smile because I've never transacted with them before.

4. Unilever
    [​IMG]
    Who would've thought that this "U" shaped logo would still have a meaning behind it. Actually, it is over it. Over the "U"that is! Each icon within it represents an aspect of their business. To know more about it, let this website explain the details to you > http://www.unilever.com/ourcompany/aboutunilever/introducingunilever/ourlogo/

5. Toblerone
    [​IMG]
    You might say that it's just the Swiss Alps beside the Toblerone writing but, take a closer look. There is a polar bear in what seems to be just a mountain. Since toblerone originated in Berns, switzerland (also known as city of bears), they hid a polar bear in the logo in which for most people, appears to be just a mountain or the swiss alps.

6. Mcdonald's
    [​IMG]
    M = Mcdonald's. According to him, the "M" is that of a woman's chest. On a psychological point of view, if i'm not mistaken, it provides us of a "feeding and nurturing" impression.

Source: http://cheftonio.blogspot.com/2008/09/hidden-meanings-behind-5-famous-logos.html

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's very interesting GekiDan, I have to admit that I hadn't looked at those logos quite like that before. I particularly like the A to Z in the Amazon logo, that's very subtle and very clever.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The logos that really surprised me are the logos of Toblerone and FedEx.
    Honestly, I didn't notice that arrow on the FedEx one.

4. cheftonio

cheftonio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

Thank you for posting my post here and crediting me at the same time. :)

I'm an entrepreneur myself and I think I'll be joining this forum from time to time :)

Regards,
    Cheftonio :)

5. Justin McBride

Justin McBride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Woah, that was amazing. I never knew that. The FedEx logo is really cool!

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi cheftonio, thanks for joining BAF and posting, it's great to have you here. By the way the Carrefour logo does not appear to be displaying correctly on your blog post.

7. substance

substance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hehe! I like the Fedex and the amazon but I still have not figured out the polar bear in the Toblerone. Hmmm! Is it the white shaded portions? seems more like it anyways, thanks for sharing it with us.