Hiburrito.com (World Online Polls)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Asswass, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys I would like to talk to you about a new startup called Hiburrito. This website is a poll platform where you can create polls with pictures, videos, links, passwords, etc...

The cool thing of Hiburrito is that if you're a blogger or webmaster, you can get traffic from their site by publishing WOPS (World Online Polls) with a link to your site. You can also add your logo, URL and RSS Feed to attract more readers.

I know that there are a lot of poll sites out there but Hiburrito looks very promising and it's just a few weeks old.

Check it out if you want to and let me know :)

2. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Main Goal of Hiburrito.com

My main goal of my website www.hiburrito.com is to organize the opinions of every user of the internet world wide. I know it sounds a little bit utopian but it's a nice dream to have and fulfill.
    How?
    Well, Google organizes the internet’s information, Social Networks organize the user’s information and Hiburrito will organize their opinions.
    My job is to make every blogger see the benefits behind Hiburrito and make them publish WOPS (World Online Polls) on their blogs. If I get their help, I’ll get their readers opinions.
    Would you help me too?

4. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I highly recommend people to visit asswass.com and hiburrito.com. The latter one helped me to gather opinion in order to improve my blog, and increase my affiliate earning through WOP! As I mentionned in another thread on the Forum, I have a post on my blog where Asswass explain how to use the WOPs and publish them on your blog. You'll see, You won't regret it! Just give it a try!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Asswass and good luck with achieving your goal. Your site looks great, I've visited it and voted on some polls. I've also followed you on Twitter and become a fan of your FaceBook page.

One suggestion that I would make is that you make the "World Online Polls" text a little more prominent in at least one location on the site. When I first saw your site it wasn't immediately clear to me what WOP's were.

Have you written a plan for your business?

Have you wrote down a series of action steps to bring you closer to your goals?

How are you promoting the service to bloggers?

Congratulations on your success so far and please keep us updated on your progress.

6. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

High Fergal, thanks for your interest on Hiburrito.com. I hope that your forum will help me gather some information in how to improve the website.

1) Thanks for your advice on "World Online Polls". I'm going to make the appropriate modifications.
    2) Yes, I do have a plan for my business. The only problem is that my associates and I run out of funds so we need to be very creative in how we promote the website.
    3) My main goal is to make bloggers aware that Hiburrito can be a great tool for them. In fact today I'm writing a post about it on my blog.
    4) The website is only 3 weeks old so I'm promoting it with my blog and some Adwords. I'm having a contest for bloggers right now and it has a worked a lot.

Maybe we should start a forum for startups to help web entrepreneurs get help with angle investors and venture capital. What do you think?

Thanks Fergal, I will surely write more often.

7. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Umm.. I don't get it ? How do they increase affiliate earrnings ? can someone give me more info

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered ways that you can use social networking to promote the site for free?

Sounds like a good idea, maybe you could please start a new thread in our BAF Help, Suggestions & Announcements forum to discuss it further.

Thanks!

9. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Simplyjo, you can create polls with links to affiliate campaigns.

For Example: Let's say that you want to start an affiliate campaign about Life Insurance Quotes. You create a poll about Life Insurance with pictures or videos and then you add a link to the landing page of your campaign. The link will blend in perfectly and people will never know that it is an affiliate link.

Here's the example: http://www.hiburrito.com/en/PollRotation.aspx?IdPoll=472

10. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, I'm using Facebook and Twitter. They both bring me a nice amount of traffic but not enough. My objective is to get Wopers (Hiburrito's users) to promote their own polls through social networking.

I'm going to start the thread about a startup forum :).

11. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alfredo, congratulations for both your websites: asswass and hiburrito.

Here's a few ideas to drive traffic to your websites:

1. Write or get someone to write 10-20 good articles and submit them to article directories with a link to your website;
    2. Create a hub at HubPages, linking to your website;
    3. Create a lens at Squidoo, linking to your website;
    4. Use forums to promote your service, using a signature with a link to your website;
    5. Post comments on high traffic blogs with a link to your website;
    6. Use social bookmarking sites like Digg, Del.icio.us, Stumble Upon and others. Visit socialmarker.com or socialmarking.com and get their submission button.
    7. With 10 bucks you can sign up for a gold account at USFreeads and place unlimited classified ads. With another 10 bucks you can buy a 5-line ezine ad to approximately 170 thousand people at 2-bucks-an-ad. (http://www.partenon.com/)
    8. Use press releases. Search Google for free press releases sites and you'll find hundreds.

#11 junglekid, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  12. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Junglekid, that's some great ideas! I already promoted both Asswass and Hibburito on my blog, and use WOPs. I found them very interesting, and I do sincerly hope there will be more users so that I'll get more answers for my questions.

I wish the WOPs could be ameliorated so that we can promote affiliate link in more incentive way...

13. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

m not getting what is this stuff exactly for???

what is affilate?? [:eek:]

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

An affiliate is when you promote someone else's product on your site and get paid a commission every time a sale is made through your site.

Source - Wikipedia.

Very clever, that's a new one on me. I've just become a wopper and posted a poll :)

You gave some excellent suggestions there junglekid, have you used US Free Ads or partenon.com yourself? What have the results been like?

15. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great ideas JungleKid first time I read most of all those tips. I'm going to give it try and give you an update :).

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered adding something to make it easier for members to copy the URL's of polls? Something as simple as a button saying "Click here to copy the URL of this Poll" or a shorter version of that - could help make it easier for webmasters and forum posters to write about the poll and hence give polls greater publicity.

http://www.polldaddy.com/ is an Irish owned online polling service that has been very successful. You might get some ideas from their site.

17. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hum, There is already a button which give you the link to show the WOPs on your blog.

18. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, I have heard of Polldaddy but I think they are too simple. That's why we created Hiburrito. Thanks for that tip, Let me see where I can add the URL in a more visiual location.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've tweeted about your service with a link to the site, hopefully it will get you some traffic, (they generally generate 30-70 visitors).

20. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have from 5 to 15 ads running on USFreeads all the time, it's a great way to have a website, an affiliate review page, or a blog post quickly indexed by Google.

I have used 2-bucks-an-ad (Partenon) to promote affiliate products.