Hi...

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by ravi kumar, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ravi kumar

ravi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys..was offline for a long time! happy to come back!..

Planning of starting a business within 3lac INR. Am working as soft engg, so not so much time left out in daytime.

so any home-based or less-admin involving startups will do? help me with suitable business idea for the indian market within the capital?

am also seeing all the posts for any suggestion that concurs.

2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ravi,

Welcome to Business Advice Forum. We here at BAF will surely love to help you out with your concerns. But, prior to that I have some questions to ask which would allow me and all the other members to help you more.

Firstly, are you wishing to start out an online business or looking for a more offline business? If you haven't decided about that. I would like to give few suggestions to you.

Online Business

If you consider about starting up an online business then it can be very good for you in my opinion. The main reason of it is you can start it from your home right now and when your studies get over you can move up into a professional office like structure for that. Also the managing part becomes very easy for sure. I am also doing currently managing number of business still I am in my school right now. So, the thing is online business can be very easy for you.

Offline Business

Offline business are also good. If you are able to give it proper time and also hire proper amount of professionals then they can surely work out great for you. But, the amount of money you are looking to invest in is a little bit less for offline business. They do require a good amount of investment in starting but again that much depends upon type of business you wish to start.

Also, I would like to know if you are looking for something specific. I would surely be happy to help you if can give some more information.

Thanks,
    Sahil

3. ravi kumar

ravi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Sahil,

Thank u for ur suggestion!

I have also googled various options of online business, but they require in-depth research on what sites to trust, etc.

So, my idea is to start an offline business, vaguely, maybe a bookstore.

But, if u wud suggest any online business that involves lesser risk n higher trust, I wud surely consider.

Thanks

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of books you would like to sell in your bookstore? Have you considered that? And also don't you think that you require more investment for that?

Yes, surely there are many business I can suggest you. But, it depends upon what kind of knowledge you are currently having and in which specific fields. Also what amount you would be looking minimum to generate from your business per month?

Thanks,
    Sahil

5. ravi kumar

ravi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an idea of selling technical books, pitching it mostly towards college students.

Are u asking me about the technical skills of mine?

And about the income per month..., initially 8000 to 10000 INR!

Checked on how to send msg with quote!

6. ravi kumar

ravi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi sahil,

Expecting your suggestions..!! Wish to hear from you soon!

7. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for technical books and you know the suppliers and all those things then I'd say that you should do that only. It would be best for you and the book market is surely growing up much. So, after your studies if you wish to grow your business then you can start getting more books. What do you think about it?

8. ravi kumar

ravi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I ll do my study on the factors involved in this sahil.

And btw, u mentioned about online business. I know well that initial income online is very low, but still its worth a try!

So, pl suggest me the best way online and the skillsets required(as i said, im s/w engineer, i can build up).

thank you..

9. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, for online business there are lot's of things you can do. The basic thing you can do is start up a blog providing information of Engineering. For monetizing you can use Adsense. That will work fine for you right now. But, make sure you will need to keep updated your content daily for the starting period then the income would starting flowing up easily as well as traffic will start.

Also, earning up Rs. 8,000 to 10,000 per month is very easy if you keep on doing the work on daily basis.

Regards,
    Sahil

10. ravi kumar

ravi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank u for your time and suggestion sahil :)

I ll surely consider your suggestion.