Hi there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Paulo06, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Paulo06

Paulo06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! I'm new to the site, and new to business itself. I'm venturing from forums to forums for me to get some really good ideas on how to start a business. Please teach me basics about business, and kindly answer my questions related to it! Thanks in advance.

2. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Paulo06. Well I think you have made a good start. By being teachable and acknowledging a lack of business knowledge and experience you already show the potential to become a great businessman! In ongoing research by Dunn and Bradstreet conducted on more than 136,000 000 business over a period of 168 years, 90% businesses fail is because of a lack of skill and knowledge on the part of the business owner. 50% of all businesses fail within the 1st year, 80% before 5 years and 90% before 10 years! So getting skill and knowledge is essential and you are making a good start by looking around to learn as much as you can.

A business mentor of mine teaches 7 levels in business, and he says sadly 90% business advisers are not even on a level 2! So business owners also get the wrong advice. Even myself bought a business that operated on a level 4, and managed to drive it down to a level 3, then down to zero, when I had to close that business! I think the second best thing you can do is to find a good mentor, and one that has the track record to show for it. But learning also comes from learning from others mistakes, so reading about how business people become successful will vastly help. Personally I think mindsets and your beliefs about yourself also play a huge part in how you perform in business. But enough for now :) Welcome. I have learnt a lot by just participating in this forum and you will too!

• Like Like x 2
  3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi paulo06 :) Welcome to BAF :)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Paulo06, thanks for joining and I hope you learn lots from our forums.

5. Paulo06

Paulo06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the help guys! I was curious with the $$$$$$$ that you can win, just saw it now anyway. If anyone of you here could give me a link to read to understand everything that I need to understand about this forum? That would be very much appreciated. :)

6. Paulo06

Paulo06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

P.S I'm having some fun exploring this forum as this is the first forum that I've been into offering prices to be won as cash. lol

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome Paul06 to BAF! I hope you are enjoying here. :)

8. Ark

Ark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to Business advice Forum Paul06:)