hi there , help me with ur experience

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by sajjad.axe, Aug 1, 2013.

1. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Been long since i was here ... good wishes to u all.

I recently have started working with some insurance provider companies for getting customers and to my surprise i am getting good response.

I just wanna know if its feasible to open a web portal and what it might cost me to design, host and manage a portal.

I got an idea similar to an indian portal but don't wanna share it :-( , hope u understand :)

I share here a similar looking US website car insurance calculator

I need similar car insurance calculator on my website too. I think its a lot of java script work. I just can afford 500$ as a startup.

All experienced, pls suggest me is it a good idea and the money i wanna invest will be good or not.

Thx in adv

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The online calculator would involve use of html and javascript which you can get it done from a developer and should not be very costly. As far as getting the website is concerned you can get a basic design for very cheap cost or you can build it yourself if you have basic technical knowledge.

And you would need a domain name and hosting which would cost you anywhere from $15- $100 or more depending upon your website requirements. You should be able to get all that done within your budget. I would suggest talking to a local developer about it first.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good to see you here again sajjad.axe.

If you are generating leads for insurance businesses a good website could work very well for you. Perhaps you could provide an insurance related information product, where visitors to your site give their email address in order to receive it. This will help you create a list of people who are interested in insurance and this list could be a most valuable asset for your business.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi sajjad,Welcome to BAF again,You need to have HTML for the design of website and javascript for its development..You can provide online insurance in which you may have the records of the people by taking their phone nos and email ids...

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it will cost you much If your putting the information of your insurance company in the site with your contact and let's say a subscribe option. However the Online Mortgage calculator I see in the particular site would need little bit of coding. I think $500 can be more than enough. A domain would cost not more than $ 10 a year and WebHosting is very cheap these days.