Hi kind people! Brought some gifts with me here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LeatherPix, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherPix

LeatherPix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone! My name is Stan Tykhon, I'm an artist and craftsman from Ukraine. Not so long ago I decided to turn my beloved hobby
    into business. You know how important it is to love what you do for living. Well, I didn't like my old job, so I quit it.

I create paintings of leather plaits, using my own technique (which, by the way, I saw in a dream :)).
    You can see my works here: leatherpix.com

It turned out to be not that easy though to sell art online being an unknown artist. So I decided to use more business approach. And life itself helped me to find right direction. Despite my attempts to sell my works on eBay and other similar platforms, I got no solid results. But with unintentional help of my friends and relatives, my paintings time after time ended up as gifts in hands of wealthy people (happens to be a hard task to find a gift for someone who has everything) - - company presidents, politicians and so on. So I arrowed my website for target audience, began to make custom company logotypes, national emblems, and the result came! I'm now positioning my paintings as gifts for rich people and corporate gifts.

Hope I didn't overload you with my story.

So I'm here now to learn more about business, share my modest experience, and, of course, gain new friends.

Thank you for reading!

Stan.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 LeatherPix, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Stan, I've had a look at your website and it looks great, congratulations on your success. Well done and continued good luck.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, it makes for very interesting reading and your experience will be very helpful to many of us here on the forum.

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Stan is that you holding the painting in one of the pictures? Really creative! I like the street view painting. Although you can put up a gallery or have an exhibit for free so that people can view your art and eventually can turn out to cash. Before I'm an SEO, I love paintings too... Although not like the ones you're making.

4. LeatherPix

LeatherPix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for warm welcome (almost posted as "worm welcome" :), English is not my first language).

Fergal
    Wouldn't call it a success, just first steps :) Did my best with the website, turned out to be not so hard with Wordpress.

Haleymcadams1
    Yes, that is me holding a painting, glad that you liked some of them. I agree with your thought about a gallery,
    those paintings look way better "live" than on a picture. But I live in a small town, not much sense here.
    Planning to do so in a few months in Kiev when I finish a few more works.

Thank you, will continue to absorb new info now ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.